Downtown Phoenix Mardi Gras Parade Feb 9th ...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey all you fellow RRBers here in and around Phoenix ...
I am a Downtown Phoenix Ambassador, and we are responsible for the Annual Mardis Gras Parade and Festival in Downtown Phoenix.
Last year in the parade I brought one of my bikes and rode around in the parade. This year I was planning on doing the same, and then I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to have a whole bunch of Cool bikes riding around together in the Parade ?" So... I brought it up with the Mardis Gras planners and they Loved the idea.
So now here I am Cordially Inviting All you guys who live around Phoenix, come to the Downtown Phoenix Mardis Gras Parade and we can ride together and be a part of the fun. It takes place Feb 9th, the Parade starts at 4pm. Festivities go from 3pm to 10pm, with the parade a part of it all at 4pm. Afterwards if you want there is a Pub Crawl that starts at 9pm and going to 2am. Here is a link to some information : http://www.downtownphoenix.com/mardigras/ .
PM me, let me know if you want to come. Lets have some fun and show off some Cool bikes..

Okay guys, here are some pics of the bike I'm doing for Mardis Gras...

PICT4881_zps8daffa9a.jpg

PICT4882_zps5b9d0703.jpg

One thing I'm definitely going to have to do is recover the seat. I want to keep it purple somehow tho...

PICT4884_zps5c1e088d.jpg

It's an old 24" I'm assuming to be a Spyder frame that I'm adding parts from a 24" Murray Bobbi bike I got...

If you're interested in coming to the Mardis Gras Parade with your bike, I can get things for you to decorate your bike with, if you want.
Pm me or leave a response here.

Sounds like fun!
I do car/motorcycle/bicycle upholstery if you'd like help on that seat!

GTV said:
Sounds like fun!
I do car/motorcycle/bicycle upholstery if you'd like help on that seat!

That's great to hear your interested in coming. Send me a PM if you need or want more information.
I saw that you'd posted about the Third Thursday ride on the 17th. I had planned on going but my son was sick that day, I was bummed I missed it. Feel free to spread the word with any of your bike friends in Tempe.
As far as the seat, I might take you up on the offer. I've recovered some seats in the past, but I might want a more "Professional" job on this one. I'll let you know, Thanks again.

This sounds like it could be cool but I'm working and doing 5 classes at ASU so my time is pretty tight. I probably won't ride but I'll keep in mind.

Have fun!

Well, thehazmatguy maybe some time will free up for you...

Some news About the Mardis Gras parade. My boss let me know that I can offer up to 10 Half Price Mardi Crawl tickets ( the Pub Crawl Downtown that night ) for any of you RRB members that show for the Parade and are interested in staying for the Pub Crawl. Let me know if you're going to be coming for the Parade and want to stay for the Crawl.

Well Guys ( and I think one Gal ), I just got done going through the Members List and sent everyone who listed in their profile that they were from Phoenix and surrounding areas, a PM. Did you know there are 245 pages of Members ( each page listing about 40-50 people each ). I've contacted 38 of you, so not a bad showing of members around here. Of course the great majority of members on the forum Don't list where they are from in their profile.
Anyhow.... Slick Rick from Mesa let me know that there are quite a bit of Bike related activities going on Saturday Feb 9th. I'm bummed I'll miss some of it. But if you haven't any plans, let me know if you want to ride in the Parade. At very least come Downtown and have some fun.

I think i will bring the family out to this ride...should be a fun time. Here are the bikes we will bring. MAy ride the tandem with my son on the back..NOT SURE..what do you think??

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_8435.jpg

naturephotoboy3 ! Those are some great looking bikes. You do good work. 8) :mrgreen:

Sorcerer said:
naturephotoboy3 ! Those are some great looking bikes. You do good work. 8) :mrgreen:

Thank ya sir..i do like my bikes. Problem is i can never decide what to ride..which is why i am thankful for what i have..its a good problem to have.

naturephotoboy3 said:
I think i will bring the family out to this ride...should be a fun time. Here are the bikes we will bring. MAy ride the tandem with my son on the back..NOT SURE..what do you think??

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_8435.jpg

Definitely bring out the family. The whole Mardi Gras Celebration will be very Family Friendly, except for the Pub Crawl later in the evening. I really like your bikes, I think I saw you all at Tour de Fat this past year, you were all Evel Knieveled out ... Way Cool.
As for what to ride at Mardi Gras, my vote is the Tandem , it'd look better with some Mardi Gras beads and colors thrown on it.
I'll be sending you a PM tomorrow afternoon with more specifics of when and where and such.
Great to hear from you.

yea we were at the tour de fat...i wasnt the one in the Evel Knievel outfit though. There was some guy and his wife or girlfriend that were dressed up like that. I was thinking the tandem..so i will need to get some extras for it

Sorcerer said:

Hey Sorcerer, you can see naturephotoboy3's work if you come down to the Mardi Gras Parade. C'mon man come on down and have some fun...

I just looked over three different weather forecasts for the weekend. It sounds like Friday night we might have rain, and maybe a 20% chance early Saturday. To be honest alot of the time when the Valley gets rain it dissipates before it gets Downtown. I guess we'll keep our fingers crossed, and keep a watch. Thanks for the heads up.

naturephotoboy3 said:
For now i am planning on comming down there..whats the details on where to meet..where to go..all that fun stuff???
Sorry i thought I'd PM'd you already... The details for anyone wanting to come ride in the Mardi Gras Parade:
They want all participants to meet up by 3:30pm on Madison Street between 1st Street and Central Avenue. Basically just to the West of US Airways Arena. The Parade starts at 4pm.
Cross your fingers No Rain....

I picked up a job this weekend so I'm out, have fun!

Back