Dreamland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, I thought I was dreaming when my good friend showed up at my front door with this sucker.
"It's yours." He said.
Holy Crud! Are you kidding me!? ! I'm not worthy!!!
Check it out....

jag1.jpg

jag2.jpg

jag3.jpg

jag4.jpg

jag5.jpg

Check out the Old School solid metal skull caps...
skul1.jpg

That's a beautiful bike.

Looks like Christmas arrived at your house a little late - but who's complaining.

Christmas did come a little late, but it was a great start to the new year!
I was wondering if anyone had serial number answers. I think I got it right but I'm never sure of my sources.
The serial number on the left dropout is N73683. Does that mean the bike was born on November 2, 1954?
On further investigation it looks like a 1957, I don't think the 54 had a tank and had a different chainguard.
The numbers just don't line up. Did schwinn hold out on some frames until later? Confused.... :?

Did you wash his car and give him a pedicure after that! Ha Ha. :lol: That is COOL.

Hey, thanks hooch. Those numbers were confusing. I looked for a date on the rear hub and found 56, so it lines up.

I think a 54 bike would have had s2 wheels with 2.125 tires and it looks like thats got s7 wheels and 1 3/4 tires
looks like stainless fenders too :)
man thats a schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet schwinnnnnnnnnn
i thought the seat was incorrect at first but the more i look at other pictures i think its all original
Matt Dillon loved his!
http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1951_1959/1957_02.html

That bikes gotta be worth $500 +! Awesome!!

id be your friend if you gave me that bike :mrgreen:

i see the brake cables but it look like theres another cable comin from the left side of the bars, is this a 3 speed or have my eyes fooled me again??

either way, that bikes got all the trimmings, very nice !!!

that is an interesting deal with the serial number. i am a bit confused as well maybe posting it over on the schwinn collector forum would get you a better answer. i know the definitive answer will be in the chain guard. keep in mind just because the rear hub says 56 does not mean that is the same year the frame was. very nice find

From the serial you gave its a 54 made on Nov 2nd.. Since its a middleweight I don't think it would come with S2 rims..and if the rear rim says 56 maybe the rim was changed out..but who is complaining.. That is one sweet bike!

Yeah my buddy told me it was a '57 but the numbers had me screwed up. I think it is now settled, 1957 Jaguar Mark 2. Sweet.
Oh yeah, it does have a S/A three speed which works good. The only thing is when they installed the three speed they folded a corner of the tank to fit the cable inside. I guess because that was the original path for the cable on the pre tank Jaguar, etc. I will probably use the same hole to run the rear brake cable as well. Might as well use the hole.
By the way, thanks Hooch for that link to those ads, those are super cool and helpful. It's cool to see all the options available and their pricing back in the day.

Back