Dropped Girl's Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52Hornet027.jpg

52Hornet028.jpg

52Hornet029.jpg

I was cleaning the shop out over this past warm weekend and kind of threw this together as I went. Put to use a lot of stuff I had laying around. Frame is veriprimed and will probaby stay that way. Rusty apes and seat, some S-2 look alikes that I put some bronze effect paint on I picked up at a craft store on clearance for .50

I'll put on some tires and bend/grind a standard crank to fit and it'll be done! :mrgreen:

(I might even ride it)

That looks cool. The lines of the frame look good with the bent springer. Put some meat on those rims and you'll be ready to ride.

This bike (frame) has been hanging around for a year now. I bought it covered in layers and layers of spray-paint, over everything, the headbadge, the bolts, had the neck stuck in backwards, someone drilled a hole in it to attach a way too long chainguard. I canibalized the parts for if and when I find a 50's mens ballooner frame but couldn't bring myself to pitch the '52 frame. So every time I would work outside I'd put a coat of stipper on and scrape it off on the side. It just kind of happened.

I'm glad to have found a use for it now, I'm pretty happy so far with the results. I figure I can throw it together for now and leave it in primer, that way later if I want to build it back normal I can. The primer looks pretty good anyway.

Back