Dyno ultra glide questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
whats going on RRB world. So I got a friend who has a flawless dyno ultra glide with the tank and it's in amazing condition. He wants to trade me for a mid 50s schwinn I have and said he'd give me the bike a set of old drop center rims with new departure front and rear hub and some cash. I'm seriously considering the trade but I know absolutely nothing about Dynos. Does this sound like a fair trade for my original schwinn? Also are Dynos made overseas? Are they metal or aluminum frame? Any info and help I'd greatly appreciate it, heck I'll even buy yA a beer if ya come out to vegas ever lol. Thanks in advance fellas and keep it greasy :)

Depends on condition and model of Schwinn. If it is a middleweight cruiser for Dyno, probably a better deal for you. If a tank/fender/rack Schwinn, then he may get the better deal.

Dyno's were nice bikes made overseas. They are steel frames. Some had tanks, some had triple tree forks and 24/26 combo wheelsets. They generally sell for $80-400. Some try over $400 but they take longer to sell.

Thanks cman I appreciate the info. The dyno im talking about is like the cover picture for big daddy Dynos photo gallery it's the red and black ultra glide with the tank. My schwinn has all the bells and whistles minus a tank. I've been offered a lot of money for the s2s alone. I know my values on classic bikes but I'm clueless to Dynos so thankyou sir :)

So what do you value the Schwinn at? What model and year is it?
It's one of my 1955 hornets. I was offered $250 alone for the wheelset. I don't like schwinns but I got two original paint ones. I have it for sale locally for $550 Obo. I usually don't ask people's opinions on bikes but I do like the dyno. My collection goes from bikes from 1928 to 1961 so I just don't know if the bike gods would forgive me for trading American steel for a Chinese made bicycle lol.

Is that a straight bar, or cantilever frame? I like old schwinns, also really like dyno cruisers. I think the dyno is much more comfortable and more rigid frame than a straight bar Schwinn. Guess it depends what you want to do with it.

Is that a straight bar, or cantilever frame? I like old schwinns, also really like dyno cruisers. I think the dyno is much more comfortable and more rigid frame than a straight bar Schwinn. Guess it depends what you want to do with it.
It's a straight bar balloon tire bicycle.

Here on the Central Coast of California, a Ultra Dyno Glide would go for $250.00 to $450.00! Early Dyno's were made here in California I think 1999 & later we're made in Taiwan. Condition is everything! They are a great riding bike!

Here on the Central Coast of California, a Ultra Dyno Glide would go for $250.00 to $450.00! Early Dyno's were made here in California I think 1999 & later we're made in Taiwan. Condition is everything! They are a great riding bike!
Kool thanks man. Where about on the central coast are yA from? I lived in Morro bay for years.

Early Dyno were US built, and IMO better riders than most of those older bikes. IMO older Schwinn's are living off the nostalgia thing right now, as riders and collectors age, so do the "hot" fads. What I'm seeing now, at least in the BMX world, is those 80s-90s bikes values rising faster than the 50s-60s bikes which hit that sweet spot of collectors ages maybe 10 years ago, and has kind of sat flat for awhile now...

Ridability I take the Dyno, and future values I'd bet on the Dyno gaining more value in the next 5-10 years than the Schwinn.

Early Dyno were US built, and IMO better riders than most of those older bikes. IMO older Schwinn's are living off the nostalgia thing right now, as riders and collectors age, so do the "hot" fads. What I'm seeing now, at least in the BMX world, is those 80s-90s bikes values rising faster than the 50s-60s bikes which hit that sweet spot of collectors ages maybe 10 years ago, and has kind of sat flat for awhile now...

Ridability I take the Dyno, and future values I'd bet on the Dyno gaining more value in the next 5-10 years than the Schwinn.
I ended up caving in and agreed to the trade. I'm getting the dyno a drop center wheel set I need for my '39 and folding money for my schwinn. My buddy is a die hard schwinn guy and I'm not so Im stoked on it.

Well my buddy just dropped off the dyno. I love vintage bikes I mean next to my kids Classic bikes are next in my heart. But this dyno is the nicest ride I've had!!!! I'm super happy with this bike!!!

I'm one of those next generation bike guys with a few collectible '70s BMX bikes but I bought an '01 Dyno Roadster for top dollar (it was mint original - and the ONLY one available anyway!) and I love everything about mine.
Dynos have become my favorite bikes, they had style, decent quality, and are priced reasonably. That last thing might change...

i agree,the old balloon tire bikes are awesome to see,but to ride not so much,i have older schwinns,but i also have some dynos,electras and felts,the overall geomitry of the bike makes them a nicer ride than my older ballooners,to get somewhat comfortable when riding an old bike,some modifications are needed,the 3 bikes i mentioned allready have those mods as standard,plus the hot rod look,iv always been a non-stock person,case in point,the oder HEAVY weights were designed for youngsters,ever see an ad with an adult on a heavy?i just prefer the hot rods now,but to each his own

Congrats, Dyno's are a fine riding bike! My daughter has a 1936 Elgin, with all the goodie's, it's a great bike! She loves the look, with her flowers in basket. Now she wants a Dyno, for a rider! I have a good girls frame, I'm building with internal gears, it will be a nice bike for where she lives! Good luck with yours!

Back