Ebay Monark train light $134.50???????!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK, disclaimer. I'm all about keeping bikes together and not parting them out. But seriously... I'm looking at train lights on Ebay and the prices are crazy! Even axle nuts for Monarks are $10 each!!! I've been watching some fender "rockets" and those are in the $50-60 range, tail reflectors, everything is going crazy. Auctions start reasonably enough, but by the time the auction is over.....well, see the title of the post!
Why isn't anybody doing repop items for Monark?? Somebody is out there selling a decal sheet for $60, not sure if they are repop or not, but $60 for waterslide decals???
I'd love original parts for my bikes. I've been piecing them together for a while now (years), but the prices are killing me. I know purists wouldn't put a repop part on their bike.......but I would, so here is my suggestion.
Someone, anyone with skills, or parts, or both please consider doing some repop work. You can mark the parts to eliminate people selling them as original (I have replica coins stamped on the backs). I have some silicone molding skills, and could cast a few items, but I don't have originals. I did cast a "Western Flyer Lindbergh" piece a few years ago for my dad. Someone on the forum sent it to me to make a cast, and I returned it after I finished making the part. His concern was that I would duplicate the part. Fair enough, and we agreed that I wouldn't. I'm not really into doing it myself anyway, but I would if necessary. I'd just like to get my hands on a couple of items. So, think about it, comment.....Thanks

OK, just saw a Monark fender rocket on Ebay. Repop!!! No Reserve.....but starting bid is $60... I'm thinking the reserve is $60.... and this for a repop??? Oh, just bare metal, you want it chromed....chrome it yourself! This is what I mean...BS!

Sounds like a wonderful business opportunity for you. Start your own Monark repop business. Undercut the competition and get rich in the process. Gary

Crazy crazy all things new old or bike related the price is what the seller will bear pay it or not have it or hope to find it cheaper if ya can wait that long.

Bummer... :(
I been hunting fer a fair set of Monark fenders..
Yeah, they're hitting around $225 a set on ebay...
If I knew how to stamp 'em outta tin.. I would be in fender bangin' business overnight...

OK, just saw a Monark fender rocket on Ebay. Repop!!! No Reserve.....but starting bid is $60... I'm thinking the reserve is $60.... and this for a repop??? Oh, just bare metal, you want it chromed....chrome it yourself! This is what I mean...BS!
I saw that too.. any high school kids could cast that in shop and polish it to high luster... If you could zoom in closely on that photo, you can see gas pockets

Back