EL THUNDER, (BRAND NEW PICTURES)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoever re-put this here for me, THANKS

well as most of you know I stoped this build in the motor section. I need to finish this build soon so back to pedals only. this is what it looked like like when I closed that.

097.jpg

I cut out the motor mount and the double frame bars under it and will add a single frame bottom bar an a new top bar just under the curved one. I also shorten the frame 6". other then that it will look some what like before.

so I am back buildin and will have pic's soon. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

Re: EL THUNDER, new re-build

got a couple things tacked up then it poured. so much for this day. looks like rain for the next few days. I am never going to get these bikes done. lol.

Outlaw 8)

What's wrong with using an electric welder in the rain? You guys on the west coast gotta take more chances. :roll: :lol:

yeah I know, but I don't like that tingly feeling but then again hmmmm, it may be fun. lol. Kota, get back to buildin.

Outlaw :lol:

well we had a very nice day today so I worked on Thunder all day. got most of it all welded up and put some braces in where needed. put the wheels on and the seat, located the cranks. still alot more to do. sorry no pic's as I wanted to get alot of it done. now they say, rain with snow mixed for tommorow. so no work gettin done or pic's. the rest of the week don't look any better. oh what to do. well at least I am farther ahead so soon it will be done. lol. thanks for lookin and checkin in on the progress what there is.

Outlaw 8)

well had a great day today. sun. worked on Thunder and got it ready for a test ride. chain kept coming off. it somehow got crooked when I welded it and didn't see it. sooo got it off and cleaned up. ready to put weld up again and it was dinner time. wow, that went fast. so tommorow is supposed to be another nice day.lol. sure, in the Pacific NW. so if it is I should beable to get it welded up and go for another test ride. will take pic's then.
I will ride it for a few days to make sure all is well, then tear down, clean it up and get some primer on it and then paint. it will be black hammer paint with some white. so am keeping my fingers crossed and hope all goes well. untill then.

Outlaw 8)

Re: EL THUNDER, almost done

X, you can go the the bikes with motors and see what it looked like before I brought it back over here to re-do it. hopefully I will put up pic's tonite if ya want to wait. carry on, now get ta buildin.

Outlaw 8)

Re: EL THUNDER, (it's a rider)

well didn't get pic's today. too busy getting the drive train some what right. I kept throwing the chain. found out when I sat on it the chain would go slack. lol. so I sat on it and got the tire moved back and that worked out ok. had to put in a spacer to move my cranks over to get the chain running right. it's still not perfect but at least I can now ride it. have to put a front brack on it yet. if it's nice tommorow I will take some pic's.
also will have to put a chain tensioner on it. so thats all for now. thanks for lookin.

Outlaw 8)

well here is what ya all been waiting for. didn't get any riding pic's. the last couple are getting ready for painting. almost got it done and I ran out of paint. will get some more soon to finnish if I can get some good weather again. really want to say thanks to all for looking.

001-10.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-5.jpg

ok, thats all for now. thanks

Outlaw 8)

Can't stop looking at it!....NICE bike, OUTLAW.....Hurry up and get it painted! I need new wallpaper for my screen.

thanks guys. it's turning out ok. not bad to pedal either even though it is heavy. it started to rain today and will be raining for a few more days. have to go tommorow to pick up more hammer black as I ran out. so as soon as I get good weather I'll finnish up painting the frame. still have to put another 4 or 6in's on the bars, just alittle short and then get that painted white. thinking about painting the seat white also. so thats it for now. thanks for lookin and glad ya all like it. it goes up for sale when it's done. ok later.

Outlaw 8)

Back