El Torreon Swap Meet - Kansas City Mo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 12th annual El Torreon Swap Meet will be July 29th this year.
It's $10 for vendors and free to just spend your money.

Looking to find some new faces to be in the crowd this year, we have about 6 states that guys come from every year. There is a couple of guy that come from Colorado just to buy the good stuff, and they do get away with some of it. So we need new people with thier truck loads of cool bikes and parts.

I want to break last years attendance record and totaling run out of room, not like that can happen. cause we can use parking lots across the street.

If thats not enough, at 11:00 the Cowtown Mallroom opens (flee market) with around 50 more vendors inside selling all kinds of stuff, and at 3:00 there is live music.

Sunday JULY 29, 2012
I know this may seem like a long ways off yet, But in real time it's only seven weeks off.

Anyone from out of town thinking about coming to Kansas City for for this swap meet?

Last year we had about 55 vendors from about 6 states with bikes of all types, there was an Indigo bike and Schwinn mini twin just to name a couple.
We are in the middle of the midwest with I-70 east and west, I-35 northeast and southwest and 71 hwy from the northwest to the southeast with a very tall tower as a beacon.

If you've not been to KCMO, we do have a lot of stuff to see here as will. WW1 museum, Union Station (train station), The Steamboat Arabia Museum (100+ year old paddle boat recoverd from a corn field), Crown Center, The Plaza and a Lot more, This could be a great time for that Family vacation you just haven't quit got planned out yet.

If you tevel over 8 hours to get here, I'll give you FREE vender space..

Alright...we all had a blast at the Little Blue River Bike Swap/Show & Artfest so now we need to turn our attention to El Torreon. It's coming up quicker than you think so we need to be preparing. Don McGee,aka dos cruiser,has the helm on this one,folks,so PM him or post questions/suggestions/comments here.This is a MAJOR bicycle event,here in K.C.,with dealers coming from several different states. So mark your calendar (7/29/2012),request your time off from work then come join us...see you there...P 8)

Don looking forward to your El Torreon Swap meet,always a great time! Mark

Thank you Pappy,
Yep we have only 7 weeks from yesterday for this one.
So like ol Pappy said get those request in at work or with the wife, get the car, truck & or trailers loaded and head to;
Kansas City Mo 31st & Gillham Plaza. Cause we're going have some crazy tradin going on. Like I mentioned earlier make it a vacation for the family, we have lots to see here and great BBQ.

Hey Guy's & Gals,
When you come to Kansas City for this swap meet bring your SUN screen & your own shade (EZ UP TENT) we are in a parking lot.
July 29,2012 will feel a lot like Texas HOT, with a ton of great bicycle finds, This is the swap that you will find enough great stuff to carry you thought the winter.

Mark, You are right sir this is a great time, cause we get to see bicycle folks from all over the mid-west and some from beyond.
So if you have ever wonder what other swapmeets might be like come and join in on this one.

Hello Rat Rodders, Six weeks until El Torreon Swap Meet. Ok I put out there last week that I would not charge anyone treveling Eight hours and over. :p
Well, I want to tell everybody, anyone wearing a El Toreon Swap T-shirt gets the some deal, don't have a shirt from late year! :( Well so happens I still have some left. :lol: Come to the Cowtown Mallroom on Sundays 11 to 4 and I sell you a shirt $15. or :idea: E-mail me and reserve one, I have med though Xl.

Don @ [email protected]

No new shirts this year, sorry.
I'm going to do some for 2013, working on design and don't have time & money to get them printed this year.

Just three weeks.
I talked to some guys today about food trucks, we'll have a mister cooling station cause we know it will be HOT out. Venders are claiming their spots and people are asking questions about what types of bikes they many find. I sold two bikes today and took a down payment on another, things are lookin good.

Hey, If you are you coming to the swap meet and you are building a Rat Rod Build Off Bike bring it and show it off, it don't cost anything to be a show off.

Rick, it will be there--but you'd best be early. It's going to be hot and so is the trading! Lol.

Who's coming to the Swap Meet?

I'm going to be selling by the box; it will be CHEAP by the box.
I'm starting to liquidate all my parts and some of my bikes. I'm going to quit selling (and storing!) parts for a while.

I've got metal parts' bins (like in a hardware store), hand brake parts, handle bars, shifters and derailleurs, kick stands, chain guards, wheels (mostly road) and project bikes.

I will also have some of my whole bikes: clunkers, road and ???????.

Hey guys, I'm in Wisconsin, looking for "new" old stuff for the swap meet--well, actually, mainly visiting family.

If anyone in the Dubuque area wants to sell anything let me know--816-809-1804. I'll be here until early Sunday morning. Leave a voicemail--we can't get phone service at the house here in Potosi; have to go up to the main highway (ah . . . the joys of small town living!).

Looking forward to it. This is the first time I'm going NOT looking for bmx part...... The balloon tire bug bit me and bad! Praying for a decent skip tooth chain and some decent vintage pedals for my board track project.

Back