Electra Bikes Parts Clearance Sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an opening bid on a Dahon folder that I am selling on ebay, so I may have to put together another order to spend the profits. :p

Electra replied to my question about rim color and brakes with the Nexus 8 rear wheel they have for $125.

The 8i wheel is silver (bare metal). The size is 26” x 23mm (it is a Townie wheel). It has the splines for the roller brake, but doesn’t come with the brake. It also comes with the dust cap if you want to use a rim brake.

PeeWee said:
The was me (Chad aka PeeWee)
we are crazy busy, but trying to keep up
all the wheels should come with the shifter, if it doesn't, let me know
I personally just got $1200 worth of stuff! and I'm planning on doing another order later :0
and no, we are not really making a profit on this stuff
and yes, there is more to come in the coming weeks/ months
ask me any questions, and I will try to answer them all

PW

PW you guys & gals at Electra are AWESOME!! Thanks for all that you do!!

BillyZ said:
PW you guys & gals at Electra are AWESOME!! Thanks for all that you do!!

+1 :D

Along with a few items, I have a couple of their leopard print cruiser seats coming....just what I needed for a patina'd Coppertone Schwinn Twinn funky build I'm gathering stuff for. :p

I'm jonsing for my 7 speed wheelset to come in.

I am not a big fan of the twist shifter, so after about 45 minutes of googling I found a site in the UK that carries the Nexus 7 ST-7S20 Rapid Fire shifter.

rf7_zpsee9c9c31.jpg

A friend of mine's GT Moto7 uses that shifter. I liked it better than the twist grip on my Classic Deluxe 7, but it was also geared better overall as well. My Schwinn is way too low (36/20), and that makes 1 & 2 completely useless on anything but long hills.

I'm stoked to get my order made one then decided it wasn't enough stuff I didn't really need so I made a second order :roll: my order still say "processing" on electras site hopefully it went through but I'm guessing they got swamped with orders

fordmike65 said:
That's pretty darn cool! What's the damage with shipping? Just checked...my Electra order is out for delivery!

The shifter itself is $39.92 USD, I haven't heard back from them yet on the shipping. I may order an extra one for back up.

My Electra order will arrive on Monday the 21st ( a day before my B-Day) :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Billyz I appreciate you telling us about the deal. Thanks.

It was my pleasure! As soon as I saw it on Electra Bike Forums, the 1st thing that popped in to my dome was "the peeps on RRB would love this"!!! Ok, so the 1st thing was to place an order, then tell you guys on RRB...lol....I knew it'd be a hit!!

Uncle Stretch I'd also like to extend the appreciation back to RRB, it's owner (Rat Rod aka Steve), moderators & fellow members for giving me inspiration & the joy of looking at beautiful bikes. Not to mention a place to spend time on illegal brakes at work.

I usually have my packages mailed to my parent's house down the street from work cuz my Dad's retired & always home. I just got a text from my Pops: "Uh... UPS just dropped off 10 boxes. WHAT THE HECK DID YOU ORDER NOW?!?!"

Looks like they are out of the $12.50 Cream front wheels now.
They do have some $12.50 Sand Surf front wheels (item 154128) that I didn't see before. You have to look for them in the specials section. There are no photos.
The only 3 speed wheel left is the pink one. I am not sure if I am going to pop for another batch, but the following could work.

$100 - 2 Pink 3 speed rears
$40 - 2 Gold 1 speed rears
$50 - 4 Sand Surf fronts
$190 total

Pair up the rim colors and switch some front back hubs and end up with 4 wheelsets for less than $50 each.
Gold 3 speed wheelset
Sand 3 speed wheelset
Pink 1 speed wheelset
Sand 1 speed wheelset

kingfish254 said:
Looks like they are out of the $12.50 Cream front wheels now.
They do have some $12.50 Sand Surf front wheels (item 154128) that I didn't see before. You have to look for them in the specials section. There are no photos.
The only 3 speed wheel left is the pink one. I am not sure if I am going to pop for another batch, but the following could work.

$100 - 2 Pink 3 speed rears
$40 - 2 Gold 1 speed rears
$50 - 4 Sand Surf fronts
$190 total

Pair up the rim colors and switch some front back hubs and end up with 4 wheelsets for less than $50 each.
Gold 3 speed wheelset
Sand 3 speed wheelset
Pink 1 speed wheelset
Sand 1 speed wheelset

Just got off of the phone with Electra. The $12.50 Surf Sand front wheels are Blue in color like this

688488.jpg

So you could end up with a combo like this
Gold 3 speed wheelset
Blue 3 speed wheelset
Pink 1 speed wheelset
Blue 1 speed wheelset

Back