Electra Straight 8 and fenders, help please, thanks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I write this email from Switzerland and sorry for my english.

I own an Electra Straight 8 (8 speeds).

This bike is awesome, it's the most comfortable bike i have owned and I tell everyone around me how cool this bike is, but without fenders when it rains it's very difficult, and the rear fender is too short.

I can see that Electra sells all fenders for all its bikes except the straight 8 (and the ghostrider, rat fink). Why do not sell a pair of fenders for the straight 8?

This is the only thing missing on this bike, it's a shame, we should be able to have the choice to put the fenders or not.

I'm looking for metal, matte black fender.

Do you know a brand that manufactures this type of fenders for these special tires (24'' x 3'')?

Thanks for your help and time.

Sebastien Stefano

I don't think Electra ever made fenders for these bikes. I do not think they view these as daily rider bikes so they did not think full fenders were needed.

You will have to fabricate one up. I would start with and old balloner fender from a JC Higgins or Monarch or Schwinn. Tough for you to come by those I bet, but that's all I can think of for now.

You do have me thinking that it might be neat to put some full fenders on my bike. 8)

you might try and build some out of glass fiber to your exact needs. there are threads on here showing how to do it.

could make a real cheap one out of like 'Milk jugs or Aluminum Cans.. then only attatch it on rainy/bad weather..

or could try doing some Fiberglass work that would look nice and not be a cheap/ugly asset to the bike..

i was thinking about getting the Rat Fink, and it has the short fenders which made me wonder if it was bad wet conditions would i be wearing a muddy jacket after my ride? or what :roll:

ratfink11.jpg

it the straight 8 and ghost rider have to be my fave production cruisers out i believe..

Back