Elf pro XL BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the bike that saw me to the end of my BMX racing years. It is either an 86 or 87 Elf pro XL with matching forks, bars, and seat post, DK stem, A'me grips, dia-compe brake, kashimax seat, Haro 3 piece chromo crank, araya rims with hollow axle gt hubs, tioga comp 3's and the last number plate I had. My mom was having storage issues and decided she needed the room in her attic so she shipped it to me and I had to have a photo shoot and share. :D

bikes049.jpg

bikes047.jpg

Are those *REAL* Shimano DX pedals? There was a time when those things would go for several hundred bucks. There's a reason all modern BMX pedals are DX clones.

Best
Pedal
Ever.

Also, two-tone A'me Tris, niiiiiiiiiiice.

Nice. I have a ELF XX that I ride all the time(I love doing tire taps with it)

gedwardjones said:
Are those *REAL* Shimano DX pedals? There was a time when those things would go for several hundred bucks. There's a reason all modern BMX pedals are DX clones.

Best
Pedal
Ever.

Also, two-tone A'me Tris, niiiiiiiiiiice.

I wish they were the Shimano DX's, they are the el cheapo knock off brand. I had a pair of Suntour XC 2's on it but I borrowed those for my dual slalom bike, then sold it with those pedals...d'oh. I do have the new version of DX's on my Kona and I do agree...best pedal ever.

Very nice! Lots of A-list parts on it :D

Sooo, how long do you think it'll be until Kev (AKA Clothespin) is knocking on your door? His old school BMX radar is set on full power these days :mrgreen:

I agree - Shimano DX pedals are the best. Interesting to note, the set I have on my MTB commuter bike came off a Haro Master with the identical cranks you have on the ELF.

-Mp

Back