Eliminator - weird new revisions.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old Otasco Eliminator turned RAT!

honestly, i keep seeing a huge spider web (or a couple) 5/8" lines to keep it strong. you could do most of it with dremel sanding drums, but you would need a small burr or diamond bit to do some of the tighter area's. drill each section and go from there. the carbide drum that comes with most dremel kits will probably make even shorter work of the project.
i'd pretty much cut the web outta the entire guard out. (except for the raised area on the edge.)

cant wait to see what you decide to do. good luck

Just an interesting side note... Your bike was designed by Industrial designer Viktor Schreckengost. I was aware that he was responsible for the spaceliner design but didn't realized this was one of his too until I just stumbled on this page.

http://www.metropolismag.com/cda/story.php?artid=3147

i didnt know that either.
thats awesome.

ok, so i changed out the original black and gold seat for a longer, all black leather one. works better for my 6'3" frame.
also added an awesome horn.
check it
2904991553_fa0a4d6690_b.jpg

2904992031_1301888ab8_b.jpg

if you drill new holes in your seat, you could get the sissy bar and seat tube parallel to one another. it would also remove the sissy bar from over the seat making the ride alittle more comfortable.

i did the same with this banana seat, i used a couple licence plate bolts (dice and eight ball) to hide the old holes. found em at walmart for $4

IMG_1203.jpg

the bikes looking fantastic, and i love that old horn. its the perfect addition

Eliminator - really weird now!!!

i got some parts from RINI.....

put this together this morning.
i love it.
3429294904_da472d8f34_b.jpg

3428482153_a991918d43_b.jpg

3428482593_a15fdf7b87_b.jpg

3429296132_44a8941727_b.jpg

nehh... i like the schwinn glitter grips he has.. those billet ones are too baby blue.. i was thinking he should use a seat like that though.. and it does look better with a chaingaurd. maybe could even put some blue graphics on there.

It"s your bike. Have fun with it! Just be sure to keep EVERYTHING that it came with in a box just in case you want to sell it or put it back to original down the road.

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! :shock: :shock: The black version to me looked better but it freaked me out a bit because i was building a girls bike I named Eliminator with the same all black design. I like yours better, if you wanna sell let me know. I like this frame style waaaay better than the stingrays.

Back