Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser/Ratina Stolen!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Etrike...Islndr102/Skipton/XC204/Oldgreaser/Ratina

Any updates on the ETrike? Anything needed that I can order? Any updated pictures that can be posted?

Jerry we had a rim delay, chrome kept flaking on Ben. He ordered a new set of rims (red) and thinks they will be in today. Then he will lace them up. Rick had storm problems with the house and should be back on line soon. The Electrics powered up fine so thats good.
Gary

Got it Gary. I just get excited thinking about the final outcome. Being the midwest doesn't get very many perfect days to ride, I guess you can say I'm a kid waiting for Christmas Eve to end.

Well the rims are on backorder with no end in sight, he tried other vendors with no luck. So we ended up using the stock rims (and the front I had that matches better) We grinded, wire wheeled, sanded, etc. Minor pitting in areas but I think were good. Painted them Fire Red. Gonna clear tomorrow and start lacing them up asap.

Heres a sneak peek:

Photo0789.jpg

Thats Very Cool ! If they are done at the beginning of this week we may be able to hand er over to Islander102. I go to Colorado on Fri. for 2 weeks Thanks the wheels are always a messy part!

Ratina is bringing the wheels over tommorow nite, I added a Coke holder lubed the chain got the seat and H bars on...You know what this means..Road test! Gerry any poss. of coming down like Wed. evening?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We would love to come out, but was hoping Thursday evening could work. If not, we will make it Wednesday evening. I think we would try and leave Milwaukee around 2 or 3pm, and be out there by 4 or 5pm. Also we were wondering if Rick, Ben and Skip (and their ladies if they want) would join us as well? Linda would like to take group pictures with the Chicago RR crew. Maybe we all can go out to dinner after the road test to a good burger joint or for some Hooters wings. Oh yeah, Linda will need a bike to cruise as well since her bike was stolen :( We haven't even touched the bike we replaced it with yet.

Gary, are you still interested in the 26" Eagle cantilever frame? If you are, I'll bring it with me.
76579_493816196196_582271196_6935547_4975077_n.jpg

We will make Wednesday happen. We hope to be there by 5pm(ish). Everyone up for the group picture?

Ratina (Ben) and his father came over with an awsome set of wheels.......We mounted every thing up in the basement and proceeded to not be able to get the bike outside......sorry Gerry its a basement queen its my new tv chair..after a little parts removal and sweat we got it outside Bob did some final trueing of the wheels and we did a test ride with no breaks. The gearing that I was sure I would have to make higher seemed just right. None of us had ever ridden a trike so it was rather humorous! Those Red wheels go just right with the Coke crate.Have to hook up the brake and do some seat tweeks. The blue dot tails look bad at nite! The power assist kicked in nice at startup.
The only downside is the fork...it's a POS! Gerry do you have the orig fork I can trick it out trusrods or the like and the ride will be 100% better and it will look just as cool. Bring it down if you still have it oh I'll take that frame if you bring it.. I may have something for Linda if she likes it. Looks like Ben and Bob Skipton and I hope Rick can be there Wed

Gary...I don't know if I still have the original fork, but I'll check the basement storage after work tomorrow. I donated alot of extra bike parts to the local boy's club here for their summer bike workshops. Plus the original fork was a 20". I do have a chrome 20" DB fork if you can possibly fit the 26" wheel on some how. Otherwise I can try a local shop here or your area and find a 26" cruiser fork. Maybe a chopper or bobber fork? :mrgreen: How does the chrome fenders fit?

This is the size of the original fork...
28878_416221821196_582271196_5137607_3947111_n.jpg

XC204 said:
Almost forgot the photo!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The ETrike disappeared...nice paint job, matches your work station well... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ben,
The wheels turned out perfect!! I should have a 26" fork in the parts pile I will look in the morning

Think I got my work shift covered for Wednesday night I will know Tuesday afternoon

Great job Guys!

islnder102 said:
Anyone interested in a 78-79 Rampar R10 BMX for you or your kid? I kind of want to unload it soon...consider it a pay it forward no charge. I don't want to ship it.

270766_10150302028366197_582271196_9054847_5569322_n.jpg
gosh i wish i was closer, ive been looking for something to build for my little sister. cool trike to!!!

Back