EVAN'S "MILITARY RAT" NEW PIC 4/14/09!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not much progress has happened since last post. i posted this before as a western flyer, after some replies from some of you, i realize this is probably an evans frame as well as evans springer. i have gotten the frame stripped and clearcoated, the rear fender is duplicolor self-etching primer cleared as well. i love the color of this primer, and have always wanted to leave one just in primer. i think it goes well with the tires, even if they are supposed to be brown! :D i purchased a shamano rear 3speed w/coaster on cl's and laced it up in the rear wheel. hope to get alot more done on it in the next week. too many projects at one time!
104_4416.jpg
104_4417.jpg

Re: MEN'S EVAN'S WITH EVANS SPRINGER

lookin good! :mrgreen: needs some white stars on the frame when you get it painted. army style.

yep, thought the same on the white stars! maybe even some white pin striping. the frame is staying this way, bare with clear coat. for some reason, this has been the hardest build as far as being able to make my mind on colors! :?

i know how you feel. color can make or break a bike. but you can never go wrong with no color at all. :D are you going to have a chaingaurd?

yes, running a chain guard. i am thinking the green with a white stripe or something to set it off. maybe a custom made decal in white.

Re: MEN'S EVAN'S WITH EVANS SPRINGER UPDATED PICS 3/28/09

more progress. front end assembled and mounted along with front fender. hope to get the wheel and bars maybe even crank and sprocket on tomorrow. not enough hours in the day! :D
104_4422.jpg

almost forgot this pic! just noticed in the pics, the under side of the fenders are the original blue, may have to black them out or might not even see them with wheels and sitting on the ground. was going to do some white accents, but i am really diggin' the all green. i love the front fender with the bomber ornament!
104_4421.jpg

lookin good! and with those thick bricks i dont think anyone will ever see the inside.. --someone takes the bike apart in another 40-50 years and goes, 'Oh, the bike was bluee... cool.'-- :lol:

MEN'S EVAN'S WITH EVAN'S SPRINGER UPDATED 3/29/09

more pics of the evans. i am thinking of extending the bars back and making a pair of motorbike bars out of them with the cross-brace, then painting them the green. i have nixed the white accent idea, and i am going with black grips and seat and black on the chainguard over the green.
104_4429.jpg
104_4430.jpg

Re: NEW PICS! EVANS MENS WITH EVANS SPRINGER

thanks! i am going to borrow my dad's air brush gun and try something with that. i am the type of guy that can't even draw a circle! so, alot of practice is going to be needed! :?

Re: EVAN'S "MILITARY RAT" UPDATED PICS

been a while. bike is coming together nicely. added the black on the fenders and pinstriped the edges in red. i can't pin stripe to save my butt, so i got out my fine line masking tape and went to town! :D i am recovering a seat for it, the 3speed rear hub w/coaster works great. still waiting for my decals for the chain guard and the white stars that will go on the fenders. the chain guard will say "Military Rat". will probably do some pinstriping in it too. welded in a cross bar made out of conduit with the ends flattened to make a set of motorbike bars.
104_4448.jpg
104_4449.jpg
104_4450.jpg
104_4451.jpg
104_4452.jpg

Re: EVAN'S "MILITARY RAT" UPDATED PICS

Looks good. I like the black fender detail with the red stripes. Shifter location is perfect too- like a floor shifter

not much has changed, just thought i would share the chain guard. still have to paint the seat pan and springs and recover. i think i was burned out going into this one, that is why it is taking so long! :D
104_4463.jpg
104_4464.jpg

Back