Evel Lives!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last nite i took the kids to our towns little festival. the guy from the local harley shop was there. instead of showing off a 2011 sportster we cant afford, he had a collection of evel knievel toys from the 70s. before his stunt show demonstration, he explained to the young-uns that back in the day, before internet and nintendo, this was how we entertained ourselves. he had wheelie cars and bikes, but the show stopper was a wind-up bike jumping over 6 haybales. the kids loved it, the adults loved the memories it brought back. i really wish i had a camera so i could share it with all you guys.
the facepaint & "tatoos" are already wearing off. the $5 bag of popcorn is half gone. but it will be a long time before the kids(and adults) forget the evel knievel toy stunt show.
Again, i apologize for not having pics.

Sounds like fun, I thought he'd die in some spectacular fiery crash, or he'd live forever.
He will be missed greatly.

I had one of those toys, God how I loved it! Good memories for sure. :wink:

Rustinkerer said:
I remember a kid in the neighborhood had the Evel Kinevel bike, got to ride it once! -Adam 8)

Man imagine what a collectible that bike would be now!

u guys may like these pics ...
img1284950064813.jpg

img1284950065442.jpg

img1284950065639.jpg

img1284950065978.jpg

img1284950066185.jpg

img1284950067140.jpg

img1284950067583.jpg

img1284950066425.jpg

img1284950066759.jpg

nice stuff i think !!! mike

Back in the day, I did a few bid-ness trips out to Calif. My company put me up in the Sheraton Universal Hotel next to Universal Studios. It was nice and also close to the office. Universal used that Hotel for TV and Movies along with the studios up the hill. One of those trips, they had 2 of Evel's converted Elderado Cadallics (to be pickups like Chevy El Caminos ) sitting out front around the fountain with his HD bikes loaded in the back. Never saw EK of course, but they were shooting something with Glenn Ford down at the pool one afternoon when I got back to the hotel.

Thanks for jogging the memory. Your HD bike shop really sounds like they "get it". They will eventually sell you that Sportster! :D And everybody will be happy.

got to watch EK jump over greyhound busses in 1973
when Kings Island opened.seen RK jump Coke trucks a few years back in the same place KI. i had all those toys..their long gone now. :cry:

I too had an EK toy...the chopper with the stand that revs the motor. I lost the Evel Knievel and tried to put my Steve Austin bionic man on the chopper using rubber bands to attach the hands to the handle bars...wasn't the same :cry:

mikes bikes thats the wonderful toys that were there! the camper too! im tryin to get ahold of this dude & see if he has the show on the net somewhere so i can share the link with everyone. in the meantime, im going thru the kids' toybox trying to predict what will be valueable in the future. :lol:

man i remember having a few of those wind up stuntbike sets. other than a set of bent front forks, man what an indesructable toy.

Back