Eye Cancer Goes Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from the local scrapman for a tenner:

pic001.jpg

Took me a Saturday morning and it looked like this:

DSCN0295.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0297.jpg

I was well chuffed with the result. But when I saw it again Sunday morning, I ripped it completely apart and gave it a once over. this is what it looked like then:

DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0318.jpg

Better. But something still was wrong. After careful examination, it turned out to be the saddle. Hence:

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

And here are a few details:

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

In true rat rod spirit, all mods were done with parts I had left over from other builds, and I was about to toss them out.

I'm the one who does the popping around my place.

Well, I had to get rid of the cable guides hence it needed repainting. Flat black is easiest and quickest and someone already wanted the bike like this.

On a general priciple you are right. I also prefer real colours and glossy paintwork.

Thanks all for approving!

We don't have those speed bumps which go across the whole street here. Still, it's not low enough that they cause any issue anyway.

What's much more entertaining is the handling. I live halfways up a hill, on top is the high street. Every time I let it coast down from there, I feel like Burt Munro.

Loving your front tyre Baron, they're rare as hens teeth, especially in the North of England - unless you somehow broke into my garage without me knowing!

Back