Fat Fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I got a Fink, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. This is the progress so far. As soon I find a striper, locally, I will tear it down and paint it to get it ready for striping. The frame's kinda scratched and dinged and the white seat and grips were quite filthy (not to mention, not a big fan of white parts). Wheelset is a Nexus 3 speed and a shimano 333 high flange hub laced to 2.5 wide rims. The light is an old moped light converted to LED with some dog-ears from a cool metric scoot shop here in town. I tried a few different sets of bars, but I kept coming back to the original ones.

FatFink.jpg

FatFink1.jpg

FatFink2.jpg

FatFink3.jpg

i like the swaps you did. the black does have a tougher look. and with that fender and the gusset there is some nice canvas for some nice lines!

i like it and am looking forward to seeing it after its done but i think you may have scared away some when you said it was getting a repaint (mind you i wouldnt hesitate to strip one :wink: )

Cool....I used to have one, but it belongs to a close friend now and I see it all the time, which is nice. I'm wondering where you got that chainring....I really want one like that for a future project I have in mind. Also, do you still have the original RF chainring, and if so, would you part with it? Thanks!

Back