Fat Tire bike from recent vacation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I just came back from a Labor Day beach vacation, man if a $1 for every Cranbrook I saw, I could by an Elgin Bluebird!
One bike I saw that caught my eye was being sold at an LBS called, of all things, Fat Tire Bikes (on Tybee Island GA). The frame/fork look custom (could Surley Pugsley-inspired) the tires are Innova 26 x 4 Spyders. Unfortunately, I was unable to stop in the shop (too many 'family obligations'), could only 'window shop' after hours.
Well, here's the poor cell phone pics, enjoy.
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Cool tread but they are so big it looks like the bike is for floating. A little excessive for me. Be alright if it was just a fat rear.

Tailwinds said:
Wow those are some stompers!
So for those in the know, where do you get tires like that? AND, what size rims are required?
The Surly Pugsley was the first source, I think.

I haven't ever had one, but I have read it reported on another forum that the frames built for the 4"-wide wheels also use a wider-than-normal bottom bracket shell and spindle.
~

those are local to me in Virginia beach anyone who has them think they are cool ..... They are made to supposidly ride on the sand with low gearing, I have my custom made fat tire bike the "fat ......." with the internal cabling and so fourth and mine blows those away those mass produced ..... Yes those rims are 26" x 100mm. Oh the owner is in jail for a few months, he was also in prison for 3 years imagine that

Back