Fat Tire Springer Fork Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of my latest creations. Built from left over parts from other bikes and builds. I am most proud of the Fat Tire Springer fork on the front, one of a kind as far as I know, lol. Now I just need longer handle bars and seat back on the seat to finish the build and then I can do a real paint job and get her looking purrty. :)

First Build

Second Build

Third Build

4th and mostly final

That looks like it's a blast to ride!
MO FATTA MO BETTA

I just used the regular hubs off the trike back end. I think it was an old Sun trike. I actually cut it out of a neighbors tree. They had chained it to the tree a few years ago and the tree grew into the bike.

I have now added a rough backrest.

That is nice! I really like the addition of the back rest. It will fill out the back nicely. Have you ever thought of making a stand for your beer holder that fit down into the old seat tube? It would be easy to do and would make the seat tube look functional as well. Just food for thoought

JimK

That is nice! I really like the addition of the back rest. It will fill out the back nicely. Have you ever thought of making a stand for your beer holder that fit down into the old seat tube? It would be easy to do and would make the seat tube look functional as well. Just food for thoought

JimK
Yes, I just haven't got that far yet. Either that or cutting it off and smoothing it out.

nice bike, your daughter seems to be pretty psyched up too!!!

what are the back end rims & tyres size please?

That's my son, but it happens all time because of the hair, he is a beach rat kid, lol. He is definitely stoked. He loves bikes almost as much as I do.

The hubs are just regular freewheel trike hubs spoked onto 26"x4" rims with 26"(29")x4.8" tires. All 3 are the same size in the last version.

wasn't 100% sure on boy / girl..guess i shouldn't play lottery then!!

i would be curious to see how this thing handles in snow...can you ride it on sand?

No worries. Doesn't bother him one bit. He knows he is all man, lol.

I have bikes that use the same tires and gears that ride fine in sand or snow. I am sure with gears you could ride this in either.

Back