Felt MP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a Felt MP at the local "Habitat for Humanity Restore" I got the bike for a amazing deal but it needs lots of work. At some point it was sprayed flat black. I am wanting to paint it back to stock color or ata leat do a good job of flat black. I will post pics tomorrow because its already to dark to take any decent ones. But I am super excited ti get building this bike. I am thinking of putting on a springer front end but we will see.

Here is a sneek peek at a leather carry bag for behind the saddle.
[img}http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k625/Ratter727/?action=view&current=Snapshot313-12-201112-58PM.png[/img]

Now the beast herself
DSCN1439.jpg

DSCN1452.jpg

Now that I look again I'd say $30 is a great deal! Its aliumnium frame and the bike rides great. I am planning on doing a good paint job of flat black and a couple custom details...

I just was taking another look at her and it looks like the paint is over the original and looks very thin! I am going to try to get it back to original paint, if that fails I am going too paint her flat black...

Why would someone do such a thing... :( I'm glad you're gonna bring it back to life :wink:

Well I have been wire brushing away at the black spray paint...I am going to able to have the original paint! I will post some pics later but I got 1/2 of the bike done tonight, I have a feeling that this bike will be done by X-mas...

What a buy! Ive been thinking of one of those........
Do you have any idea of the weight?
FWIW, I weighed myself on the b-rm scale on the carport, -0-ed it to the 200 then picked up my bike to easily see the weight increase.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Why would someone do such a thing... :( I'm glad you're gonna bring it back to life :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Great deal for $30, but man...how could someone be so cruel! :lol:

I can answer these question, before the bike ended up in the Habitat store, it was stolen. So many stolen kids bikes around here with crappy spray paint jobs to throw off the original owners. Sad.

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Rat Rod said:
Great deal for $30, but man...how could someone be so cruel! :lol:

I can answer these question, before the bike ended up in the Habitat store, it was stolen. So many stolen kids bikes around here with crappy spray paint jobs to throw off the original owners. Sad.
Actually I asked that...they knew the owner and he had bought a new bike, he even took them the original sale reciept. The serial number matched the one on thhe reciept...

Ratter said:
Actually I asked that...they knew the owner and he had bought a new bike, he even took them the original sale reciept. The serial number matched the one on thhe reciept...

There is no doubt that people have done stranger things to their possessions. I suppose he was going for that "been in combat" or "this bike is so darn nasty looking, no one is going to steal it" look.

Ratter said:

Cool then, the guy just had no taste, I can't imagine paying a new Felt price, choosing the bike to your liking, then doing that to it.

You know, sometimes, if used carefully, paint stripper will remove cheap rattle can paint and leave the stock paint.

I heard about some stuff 'they' use to clean off the taggers 'art' without hurting the surface beneath. Maybe a web-search can find it.......it would be dandy for this kind of thing.

I am using what I call a "tooth brush" like soft wire brusk and it is working great. I will look into the paint thinner/remover though. I am going to go take a pic of my work and will let you guys decide wether or not it is going to work out, If it doens't black bike here we come lol.

Its actually looking pretty good the way you are doing it. Maybe you shouldnt 'clean it' too far. It has some of that look some guys do in modeling and takes a bunch of work and technique.

Ya Im not going to make "perfect" I want that old used feel that a rat bike needs, I am thinking I need to buy a old springer front for her, now that would look good. I am also redoing the seat in leather.

Back