[FINISHED] Cruiser that wants to be a chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cruiser that wants to be a chopper

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! try putting back the triple tree with the lights and apes on it! It looks like you might have to come up with a better mount for the lights to get them to sit in a nice spot though, or maybe bend the one you have. Nice build by the way. Keep up the sweet work :mrgreen:

yeah maybe i'll try to mock up the triple three too using the apes...

today i painted the led light and the crank cog flat black

here is a pic of the light i'm proud of aahahahahah :D

zkmlxd.jpg

mounted the painted crank cog and added some studs to it... still need one more :p

bk8d5.jpg

then disassembled the fork, greased it good and shaved out all the useless tabs and mounts from the lower part of the fork... it just need to be painted and mounted on the frame

11m93qh.jpg

2q3dqvn.jpg

Hey Mugen,
Thanks for clarifying the LED conversion, was hoping it was that simple
Congratulations on getting your ME degree, I have one too
The crank cog and studs look good and unique
So are you going with the triple tree then?

thanks ing. MplsCoaster :D

i'm renewing the triple to use but i still have to see how it'll looks on the bike with apes and other things...

saddle and pedals are arrived...

and i primered the whole triple...

picture later :D

today i mounted everything... the saddle required a custom "syssy bar" because of the width... so i made this out of steel tubing, bent them, flattened to the sides, and drill

qno37a.jpg

zjz32o.jpg

the triple primered

511qqh.jpg

34sjcs7.jpg

the pedals mounted, sorry for the rusty chain, i'll buy a new one :D

f2pu91.jpg

thanks

today i shaved off the generator bracket and tuned up the rear wheel (steel need a freewheel and respace)

i like the look! like the seat ! if it were mine i would try to make a aerodynamic type cone off the back of the seat if that makes sense.

Ok buddy nice job,but how can I get a seat like that...get ta buildin'!! Peace

thanks...

i bought the tires... all black kenda 26x2.1 rear and a 24x1.75 cheng shin slick for the front

final mock up for the front fork today....

shaved all the tabs on the frame and sprayed the metal part with primer

2qid7x2.jpg

20v1cvr.jpg

this is the fork disassembled, painted and fully rebuilt

2qjjfnm.jpg

1498b5d.jpg

this is the bike before the fork swap

10cp1uh.jpg

and this is the fork mounted

o73qme.jpg

5brc3.jpg

zl8zm9.jpg

Nice work on the fork. Hard to tell if it changed the rake with the change in handlebars and front wheel.
Are you going to swap in the smaller blackwall? The look you've made it really "clean".

thanks... i absolutely want the 24' tyre on front... it'll made the bike looks more "chopperish"

the problem is that the rim shaft on the 24 is too narrow for the front fork... i tried to swap the 26' rim's shaft but it is too big for the rim.... i need to find a right diameter shaft for the 24' but longer...

any advice? :D

I Like it! The wrapped Apes were a good idea. With the headlight, it seemed to make a big differnce.
Looks like you got the 24" on okay without advice. I was going to say swap axles.
Should derust that chain, you're an engineer now so you know how needless energy will go into turning it :lol:

thanks man... but i'm still not an engineer :eek:

the chain will be changed for a new one... the cogs will be replaced too with a brand new freewheel...

thanks a lot again to be the only one replying my topics :D

Latest posts

Back