Finished my winter project already (oops, now what?) Fold-up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, all summer an acquaintance kept telling me of this rusty-hunk-a-junk-fold-up-bike that he got from a free box. He doesn't know what to do with it and do I want it since I love rusty junk. Yup, I do. Finally picked it up last month thinking "this'll be a great winter project!"

Well let me tell ya, apparently winter to me is a weekend in September!
Got her all cleaned up with the wire wheel, cleaned up the bearings, lubed the cables, hit her with BBQ paint, threw other forks on her and called her done!
What a blast to ride! It's a dang wheelie machine! 3spd shimano.
Now if only I could figure out how to make the brakes grab... Death machine!

Gonna need a new winter project now..

For the curious; the bike behind it is a 90's supercycle and the one outside (if you can see it) is a 41 ccm

Happy Halloween!!
3IB2j.jpg

Cool job on creating a folding muscle chopper bike!
FoMuCho!

Thanks man it was a lot of fun to tear apart and rebuild, I had springer forks on it but decided to swap them with the forks on my ccm which is my daily driver.

Still toying with the idea of putting a 16" on the front instead of the 20"

This awesome pic shows the coat hanger fender thing and my awesome cariboo beer can logo headbadge. I need to get different pedals...
OQTE3.jpg

For the fenders and sissy bar I just wiped em down and clear coat gloss stayed em. I didn't want gloss but couldn't find matte clear spray anywhere. I like it. Shiney rust haha
NNJpH.jpg

Here we have the seat, the LBS only had white banana seats (I wanted black) but I'm glad cuz it actually looks rad. But I couldn't settle for a plain white vinyl seat so I hot glued a bandana I found in the pubs lost and found onto it. That was lots of fun! Hot glue dries so quick! What I ended up doing was tracing the seams and kinda zig zagging in the panels with the glue, lined up the bandana and ironed it to melt the glue again, it soaked right into the bandana and is never coming off now.
I recommend doing that outside or somewhere that has great ventilation, the stench and o-zone that resulted was brutal. Luckily my roomates didn't mind. I'm pretty sure we were all loser pissed at the time...
Oh I think I got the idea from this very forum.
WOr4s.jpg

Cant say Ive ever seen a folding bike that I would want until now. Good trick with the seat, might have to do that when my seat gets tattered. All it needs now is 3 foot monkey bars.

Back