First Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few years ago my cousin gave me a Huffy Express ladies bike that had been in his yard,getting rusty for years. I finally decided to do something with it.

Should've taken pics before tearing it down,but here's what i have to start with...
100_0555.jpg

100_0558.jpg

since I don't have an actual "before" pic, I'm adding this one it's what it would've looked like if it'd been taken better care of....
sa3630181610-am.jpg

I've already gotten loads of great ideas from the other bikes on this site,but no definite plans yet,other than clean it up and see what still works and what doesn't.

You could always flip it over,or weld in a top tube and give it a sex change.Either way Go for it I cant wait what you do with it ! :mrgreen:

I almost forgot,Welcome to RRB!!!!!!

Thanks. Yeah,my neighbor is a welder so I could put a top tube on it, don't know yet,I have several ideas and I change my mind everyday. Guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get there.

Welcome aboard.
I like the paint.
That has good geometry for a flip. Then you would have a YFFUH.

Making some sloooow progress, Sex change is done,most of the paint is off.Also,had a donor bike given to me that has 2 good 26" wheels, so I guess I'll be learning how to change hubs soon.

100_0560.jpg

Welcome. It looks like you are off to a good start already. There is something very satisfying in turning a bike that is generally considered to be garbage into something of your own design.

Ive got that same bike and plan on doing some cutting and welding on it soon, such a great platform to run wild on. Looks like your going to have some fun with it is well.

Test fitting the rear-end drop,using the front wheel because the rear is currently in pieces. Got this idea from reading the "How To" forum.In this case,took the brackets that wrapped around the baskets,cut,drilled,and bolted them on.(Thanks RRB) It still needs some tweaking,like a larger bolt through the dropout,but I think it'll work.
100_0573-1.jpg

Back