First Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple of finds for my first build. It's nothing big. A black Huffy Cranbrook, and a Murray...possibly a Monterey. But, it's got sick dropouts.

Also an older Shimano 333 hub.

Nothing fancy, but you gotta start somewhere. I'm excited for my first build!

IMG221_zps961e5cb6.jpg

IMG222_zpsb9c8fb36.jpg

Good scores.

The Murray has the pointed dropouts but the newer style forks so I am thinking 88 or 89 which you can find out by the number on the stem above the insert line or if it has the decal above the bottom bracket which the year would be the last 2 numbers on them, I also believe the Murray was a Westport since it is red because that model mostly used it.

kngtmat said:
Good scores.

The Murray has the pointed dropouts but the newer style forks so I am thinking 88 or 89 which you can find out by the number on the stem above the insert line or if it has the decal above the bottom bracket which the year would be the last 2 numbers on them, I also believe the Murray was a Westport since it is red because that model mostly used it.

Well, it actually wasn't originally red. It looks like it was spray painted. Even the tires and chromes look poorly painted over. And the serial no reads U3815258. :? But from what I can make out, the original color was teal. And there is a Murray decal on the seat tude.

If you haven't already seen it, check out the huffy crab rook thread. I think it's in the gallery section.

You will find lots of cool ideas for the Murray.

Welcome to the madness! Nothing wrong with those Huffy/Murray cantilever frames. They are cheap and are essentially a blank canvas. Good luck with your build!

Back