First vintage bike... (pic uploaded)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Love the site!

So I have a few modern bikes for racing and training but I also really enjoy putting around the neighborhood trails with the dog and thought I would look for an old classic or 2 to fix up to roll around on...

I bought this 26" wheeled Columbia (?) bike for less than $20 from a scrapper who pulled it from a scrap pile at the dump...He said all he did was put air in the tires and rode it around a few times.. I did the same thing put some air in the tires and rode it around already. Lets just say im now hooked on collecting and riding vintage bikes! It still has Firestone Speed Chushions on it and a lot of other nice parts..Ross hubs. Bendix brake. Spring seat. Chain gaurd. Handlebars. Fenders ect.. It sure rides nice for coming from a junk pile! ...I plan on stripping it down and having the frame/fork blasted and coated...and restore it to my liking...Even though i think it reeks of coolness as is :lol:

POSTBIKE1111111.jpg

Re: My first vintage bike...

You could try to upload it to photobucket and put the IMG code here. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site bro! I'm almost positve that's a Columbia Westfield. Same one I'm restoring as we speak. Here's a pic of mine the day I got it. Ironic color because that's the same color mine was underneath the black when I stripped it. I'm pretty sure that's the original color and it's cool to see it. Let me know where you find the serial number because I can't find mine due to paint and unsure of the exact location. Thanks! Those white walls are killer!!
Cruiser1.jpg

D dogg- Sweet Columbia! I love the lines and design of the frame... found the #s stamped on the rear drop out...Turns out mine was born in 1959 8)

I like the white walls too! They are a little dry rotted so I just ordered a pair of huge white walled knobbys 26 1.75s
Not sure what im going to do with the rims yet...Maybe paint and prep the ones on it or buy some cheap new ones..

Just did the paint last night. Bad idea to do it inside (cough cough), but it's in the teens here in PA. Found the same color blue as yours, which was original. Looking good after the first coat !!

Back