flying with your bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone ever checked your bike as luggage .. I want to take one of my bikes with me on my next cali trip ..shopping 4 flip flops
was thinking I would snail mail the wheels ahead of time.. and just check the rest of the bike...

Good deals on flip flops too if you come in winter time, "its off season" . :lol:

Sorry, this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of your thread. :lol:

bungled-personal-flight-attempt-1.jpg

For the trouble it may cause, I'd rather mail the entire bike. If the bike is just for functional purposes, rent one while you're there or mail a folding bike.

Take a look at bikeflights.com, I have used them several times to ship and for travel. Last time I used them,I sent a complete 24" bmx cruiser from MI to MA for $28 + $5 for residential delivery. Bike was delivered in 3 days.

Tim

I am almost sure that airlines charge an extra $100 fee if they know it is a bike.

ozzmonaut said:
For the trouble it may cause, I'd rather mail the entire bike. If the bike is just for functional purposes, rent one while you're there or mail a folding bike.

this is ratrod blasphemy .... tie that dog to the yard arm ... 30 lashes.. going to stay with some friends..
ride around ocean beach .. pacific .. and maybe long beach .. take it up to where muscle beach used to be
and get a pic by the plaque , rent a bike.. ban him from the site :lol:

mine cost me $164 to check and fly along up to British Columbia

Never again

I'll dismantle it and get it into the smallest hard case possible and call it "parts".

i was thinking I would mail the wheels.. but its starting to look like i should maybe just mail the whole bike..
or mail one fly one ..just to see whats what

j
jackdaw said:
I'd like to see them try to charge $100 for golf clubs, the jerks. :x

golf culbs? GOLF CLUBS!!! :lol: i believe the website you want is thecabe :lol: just kidding .. been kicked off some
very nice golf courses in my time .. I have a cousin that caddy's at Augusta just so he can play it once a year :lol:

Just ship the elgin 2 me a couple months b4 you come out, and ill take real good care of it til yous get here. :lol:

schwinnless said:
Just ship the elgin 2 me a couple months b4 you come out, and ill take real good care of it til yous get here. :lol:

had not planned on that bike... building one now .. that I will bring .. few parts short old schwinn 8 speed nexsus coaster brake
and beehive spring ... at this point.. i could send the carrot bike

called the airlines.. will cost me 50 bucks one way to bring my bike .. because of the bag size...
got a bike bag with bar at the bottom .. you can bolt the bike to the frame inside the bag ... not sure if I trust this
soft sided bag ... :roll:

Ended up putting bike in a box wheels and all, checked it with southwest
They charged me 50 bucks it was 58 lbs and the box made it in good shape

Back