FOES vs. Specialized

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a co-worker has a son sponsored in downhill racing by FOES (sp.) and Modern Marvels called them up and put him on their show. Its on American Made one at a time MTB's vs. Chinese mass produced MTB's....its coming to Modern Marvels soon! Now if they'll do it on Chicago Made vs. BFK's!!! LOL

foes is an interesting company. i believe they have something like 8 people that work for them and yet the produce a very fine line of mountian bikes that rival anything else out there. i applaud them for not giving in such as other "small" MTB companies have that in the past had made all their frames here and are now making most over seas. to me that cheapens the brand even though as a customer your still paying the same price. rock on!!

There are more "American Made" bikes than folks realize..... and a lot of bikes ASSEMBLED here in the States.

My FAV of the new bikes are the Electras. They design their own products, and farm out production of the raw frames and components to several diffent companies... some domestic and some foreign. Then they paint and assemble them in California. My wife owns an Electra Townie.... and it says "Made in America" on the frame. It is one of the sweetest rides available anywhere.

foes fxr is my dreambike.
Foes is responsible for many innovation in the mountainbike world, they always push the limits.

although my co-workers son is sponsored by foes...he only gets half-off of his bikes...so a frame and forks runs him about 3G's!

OldSkoolD said:
although my co-workers son is sponsored by foes...he only gets half-off of his bikes...so a frame and forks runs him about 3G's!
For half off a bike? :shock: I'm sorry, but that is just insane. For that price, the thing better ride itself, do self repair and talk to you like KITT on Knight Rider!

Buck Masterson said:
OldSkoolD said:
For half off a bike? :shock: I'm sorry, but that is just insane. For that price, the thing better ride itself, do self repair and talk to you like KITT on Knight Rider!

LOL you guy's just dont understand the MTB world.

the last downhill bike i had was worth 10k$

my current mtb is worth around 3k$ and the new downhill one i'm building wil be worth around 3k also(i'm going cheap with this one LOL)

I dont "downhill" but I've seen pics of it and the courses that they race down...as awesome as our Schwinn's are they would last one run! LOL But those MTB's will never look as cool as my '46 cruisin' the Coast!

We used to have this hill that went to the river when I was younger, and we built a ramp at the end of the hill. The object was to see who could get down the hill full of stumps tree roots, holes, rocks and God only knows what else. At the end we would see who could jump the furthest into the river. I did this for years on a $120.00 Huffy Mountain bike from K-Mart. Went through about 6 front rims, other then that, that same bike is hanging in the barn retired, except for the peddles I swiped off of it. Oh and we didnt where Helmets or spandex.

Back