Fork Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have this bike which i'm told is from the 20's. I am building a hybrid type of road bike (Fixie) with a twist.

The forks that are on it re pics, are 15"? (not sure if this measurement is a straight line or curved to the axle) from the crown to axle centre with a 1" tube. The thread on the tube is very worn and out of shape from modern stem clamps etc.

I want to add a disc brake to the front of this bike but have no idea where to get a good or new set which would be suitable. I can get mounts welded on some forks for caliper etc but would be nice to get something to just put on and use.

Does anyone know or have completed a similar conversion who could offer me some advice??

Thanks in advance

Fly

http://flic.kr/p/91dTNm

9quqNN

9qrq2k

I have the same question:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39113

Did you ever get and answer? I would think you could clamp the calipers onto the forks somehow, but I've never actually messed with disc brakes before so I really don't know. A little veteran advice would be helpful! :D

Yoder,

No I never got a reply but I am on to those adaptors from CycleUSA. I have ordered some which hopefully be here this week. How are you going with yours?

Back