forks......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can a fork for a 24 or 26 in bike fit in a 20 in head tube??? are the bearings and stuff the same, length for threads ect??? any one have a cool pair of chopper looking forks they wanna sell?? old mt bike forks with shocks or harley "looking" forks??? maybe even springer forks?? show me some pics, i may be interested!!! thanks

sensor said:
they say 26" but will fit anything smaller than that. just need to cut the down tubes and stem
http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_inf ... cts_id/225

when you say cut the down tubes and stem, im asuming from the top??? this would mean that the thick metal plates can be moved up or down and reclamped or something?? have you ever used these forks?? would they come with the bearing cups inplace, or would i have to buy a headset?? i want to put it on a 70's style sting ray type frame......... do you think i would encounter any problems?

yeah... the top bracket and bottom bracket are bolted on. the top will slide completely off the top /or down to the lower race and the bottom can slide all the way to the wheel stays. also i know there are alot of the schwinn reissue springers for 20" bikes. you would need to buy a new head set (these are threadless so there are no lock nut the stem would be for that) had no problems with them myself(you will need to press the lower race on though).

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2530

this should help you. this is my 1/2 pint pixie bike. it has a 26" MTB fork on it and the bike is a 12" wheel bike. all i did was add a few 1" steer spacers to the top till it fit. you could also cut the top off but i am lazy this was the easy way out.

Back