FORUM CHANGES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My friend Joe the Programmer is working on some changes to the forum right now.

If things look wacky....you'll know the reason why. :wink:

one change I don't like is when you are 1/2 way down a page or anywhere else and you click on a post to read it, then hit the back button it brings you back to the top of the page each time, before today it always brought me back to area of the post I clicked on

That wasn't an intentional change so I'll try to see if I understand what you meant and see about getting it fixed.

Like I say..he's working on this as I type so things may be wacky for a bit.

Two big issues at the moment that we are trying to resolve...

1. Lag time when clicking within the forum.

2. Forum header image being auto resized like the images within posts.

Please let me know if you are noticing extended lag time when clicking on links within the forum.

Trying to determine if it's just my machine.

red scared me .. Im sick and half out of it. I wake up to get on here and I see red I thought I was dieing lol. Still say you make a community site or something so everyone could have their own profile instead of just an intro.

When i hit the back button to go back a page , It takes me to the top of the page i was just on. Then i have to click on board index and go back and through and search to find what i wanted to see. I hope that makes sense!!

works fine now.
im going to toss my $.01 in now.......
is there any way we could confine the ebay adds to just the board page instead of all the topics/posts?
just the ebay adds the advertisers adds are fine as theyve always been

sensor said:
works fine now.
im going to toss my $.01 in now.......
is there any way we could confine the ebay adds to just the board page instead of all the topics/posts?
+1 for less clutter on my monitor :) :)

Ha Ha...thanks for all of the input guys.

I'll try to sum this up as easily and bluntly as possible.

I put a lot of time and effort into this site so that everyone can enjoy the community. So far I've made very little off of the site and in order for me to offset the time and expense that I have put into it, ads are going to show up.

I plan to give the Ebay ads a try just to see if they are worth it or not. I chose them over Google ads because I could control what gets displayed and figured the auctions may be of some interest to the users here.

Whether or not I keep it this way forever, who knows. Just something I'm going to try out for a while.

I'm not complaining about the work in order to get volunteers, just want people to know some of the reasoning behind the recent changes.

Thanks again for the comments! :D

As the owner/webmaster/developer/bank for a website (shameless plug.... http://www.thenGodsaid.com) ....I know how tough it is to make anything. It very much becomes a labor of love.

People won't even notice the ebay ads in a couple of weeks and you'll get that many more page views.

sensor said:

Agreed, this would be my one complaint, and I am not sure how many others this affects, but on my little laptop screen the images are cropped, even with the auto-resizer, I only see about half of the images...

Back