Found an old Columbia. Oh what to do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the itch to get going on this thing.

I went to get some tires online and saw some that are 26 x 2.35 (old tires on this thing are 26 x 2.125). I'm pretty sure the fenders will accept the width but How much taller will these tires be?

thanks in advance.

don't send it to Kota, it'll get stretched, slammed, tweaked - never to be recognized again lol

it's not really his first post, it's his first build post.

oh, and my vote is number 5.

Send it to ME!.........I gots plans for it. :lol:..............HEY, I can PICK IT UP!

Here are the tires I bought. I luv them.

0930081922a.jpg

I wanted updated tires. I do not plan on a restoration or even a rat. just a good rider.

<edited to change the photos>
Ahh ... I got out in the garage this evening. what a mess! I took off the old tires. The rim strip was actually melted and hardened. quite a chore to remove. put on new tires. i was considering making this into a hot rod, but I can't do it. this bike is too nice. The rear wheel prop needs to be straightened. I'll do that tomorrow and put it on.

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02702.jpg

DSC02703.jpg

Here's the old girl with her new sneakers.

DSC02706.jpg

What a nice bike!! It rides like new. I can't wait to clean it up some. There's this really nice Columbia decal on the front fender.

DSC02705.jpg

Back