found this rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
girlsrollfast.jpg

First time trying to post photo. We'll see it it works. I found this rollfast at estate sale recently. I'm just cleaning it up, and waiting for the new tires. Date on hub says 60.

Watch out and don't let that seat tip back when you go to sit down. You may get a surprise that you don't like.

That is HP Snyder built because of the little triangles on the chainring :wink: 1960 seems right :)

coastie said:
Lots of rust on this one though.

Dude where you from??? Here in Indiana that is minty compared to some other rusty ones I have found. Nice score, little WD-40 and steel wool and it'd clean up like new!

Well, it won't clean up like new, the wheels are too far gone, but I'm just leaving those alone and live with the rust. I actually picked this one up intending to take the headbadge for another project, then use it for yardart, but I found a headbadge I liked better,so I'm going to fix this one up just enough to ride it.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
That is HP Snyder built because of the little triangles on the chainring :wink: 1960 seems right :)

That chainring is a Snyder? I guess I should strip and clear the one for my 41 Snyder that is currently on my 46-7 Murray. Both are mix matches of parts but it would be nice to get a somewhat correct chainring on there. Although one day it will again be skiptooth.

outskirtscustoms said:
coastie said:
Lots of rust on this one though.

Dude where you from??? Here in Indiana that is minty compared to some other rusty ones I have found. Nice score, little WD-40 and steel wool and it'd clean up like new!

Haha, here only a couple hours from the east coast I'm lucky to see factory paint on last year's Walmart bike.

coastie said:
Well, it won't clean up like new, the wheels are too far gone, but I'm just leaving those alone and live with the rust. I actually picked this one up intending to take the headbadge for another project, then use it for yardart, but I found a headbadge I liked better,so I'm going to fix this one up just enough to ride it.

Might try an OA bath, you'd be surprised at what I've brought back to life, As long as they are not rusted through and brittle, hard to tell from the pic. I had a Schwinn that the rims looked worse and they came back and shined like new.

Back