Frame Name?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone tell me the brand name of this frame? There is no identification markings or badges anywhere on the frame..
If anybody can identify the frame and has an interest in it, make me an offer.

PICT0414.jpg

PICT0415.jpg

PICT0416.jpg

PICT0417.jpg

PICT0418.jpg

It's a Raleigh. That tube looking thing in the fork is a dead giveaway.
Don't know what it was named, but my 86 Hercules has the same chainring.

It's a Raleigh. That tube looking thing in the fork is a dead giveaway.

I've got an early 60's Juncker with the same fork, but I'm not saying this bike is a Juncker, that would be highly unlikely. They didn't make women's frames as far as I know.....just saying it might not be a Raleigh, or it might be a different frame with a Raleigh front fork. It's chain ring doesn't have the Raleigh swans in it. It has a lugged frame which Raleigh uses quite a bit, but the lugs don't have the detail or embellishments like the two Raleighs I have. It has a cottered pin crank, which Raleigh used quite a bit, and it has the light bracket on the stem tube which Raleighs are known for.

Could go either way. The Flying Dingo is probably the expert on Raleighs here. If the serial number doesn't reveal the identity of the bike I'd just go with his opinion as to who the manufacturer was.

Darn. I was hoping it was going to be more of a "name this frame for a build-off bike" kinda thing. In that case I was going to say:
1) The Rainbow Coalition
2) The Magic Bus
3) Big Box 'o Crayons
4) Somebody's b*tch

the fork definately looks like a raleigh, but the frame doesnt look like a raleigh to me. might be but ive never saw a chainguard mounting tab like that on any ive had. could have been welded on tho ?

Looks like a raleigh DL-1. The crank would have been in a chain case so maybe they used a less ornate crank for those.

There's a headlamp spade still on the fork, take a picture, it might give a clue to what it is.

I've only ever seen that crank pattern on Raleigh built "Triumph" & "Hercules" bikes. These both had non-decorative lugs as well, like on the frame up there.
The Chainguard bracket is of the type Raleigh used in the late seventies \ early eighties - Like the one on the bike pictured below - rather than for one of the funky full enclosure kind

Raleigh%20caprice%201980.jpg

If it is Raleigh built, the bottom bracket will not accept standard cups (Raleigh used their own weird thread that fits nothing else). Also Raleigh BB shells are longer than standard.

To sum up then, I cannot say for certain what it is!

This may also be a foreign "knock off".
I had a 1974 Drake(made in India)that was equipped with the exact same parts as my 1960 Western Flyer(made in England).
K.O. might be a bit strong, they probably sold them the rights and the tooling.

OK, I'm sticking to my first guess,

camera-gate568.jpg

Apologies in advance Dingo for the stolen image. :)

Latest posts

Back