Frankentrike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a shot of my current build:

mbp_trike_16.JPG

I have since changed the seat post to one that will work with regular seats. I am currently working on the jackshaft for the drivetrain.

Oh and Rat Rod I plan on having it ready for the Autorama Thanksgiving weekend.

BTW this is my current ride:

mbp_bike_2_new_bars_3.JPG

Very nice indeed. :D 8)

Did you paint the wide whites?

NO way, saw something just like this yesterday.. black/red and it was motorized 8)

oh and btw.. how you get the stem in the stingrays ht? :shock:
could use that technology :wink:

iven said:
NO way, saw something just like this yesterday.. black/red and it was motorized 8)

oh and btw.. how you get the stem in the stingrays ht? :shock:
could use that technology :wink:

are you talking about the threadless headset I made for the OCC bike? If so here is a pic of the headset:

mbp_bike_1_new_stem_1.JPG

Well, Frankentrike took its first self-powered run today, only went just up the street and back (no brakes on it yet, and need to get the derailleur worked out) but she moves pretty good. will get pictures of the drivetrain up later.

Well... Frankentrike lives....... she now has a full drive train (minus the derailleur) and brakes, went for about a 2 mile ride tonight on her and she did pretty good, still a few kinks to work out, and need to finish the deck out, but otherwise she is now ridable.

Nice work!!! I think these Occ trikes are just Sweet!!!Heres one RRB member jgoodwill did a while back
trikegoodwill.jpg

FatBoy said:
Nice work!!! I think these Occ trikes are just Sweet!!!Heres one RRB member jgoodwill did a while back
trikegoodwill.jpg
thats pretty rad, you have a build on that thing?
how you get the rusty paint? :shock:

I saw this OCC trike at a show and it is even cooler in person.
The"rust" was all very nice airbrush work. Jgoodwill is a cool guy and would probably answer any of your questions if you just PM him. Even better, get him to join in on this post so that we all could learn more.

That jack shaft was a cool way to use the wheels. Its hard to find ones that are keyed.
Gonna be nice when you finish. They kinda take up a lot of room though. Hard to hang
one in your garage. :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
That jack shaft was a cool way to use the wheels. Its hard to find ones that are keyed.
Gonna be nice when you finish. They kinda take up a lot of room though. Hard to hang
one in your garage. :lol: :lol:

I am going to talk to a friend of mine and see if I can use his big lathe and turn a solid aluminum shaft for the jackshaft with the freewheels and cassette threaded on.

Oh and new pix are up now of the new disc brake and the new mid rise apes that I put on it.

mbp_trike_49.JPG

mbp_trike_46.JPG

Latest posts

Back