From city-bike to BMX, (with pictures, haha!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After repairing son #1's regular ride, son #2 could not stay behind. He also totally thrashed his bike, fork bend, fenders worn out, chain and derailer had seen better days... He said he wanted a BMX, with pegs, dad! Took him to the shop to choose his own colour: green!
Cut up some old Jawa moped handlebars to convert into BMX-style handlebars. Found some nice chome 20" wheels with coasterbreak,another fork, new chain, grips, seat, pegs and there you go! Another happy boy!
(You abuse your bike, your dad makes it into a nicer one... What do you learn?!.... :mrgreen: )
1053413341_dbe50c621a.jpg

1054275196_e0b742603d.jpg

1053422113_e0ffbd5ecf.jpg

1054285676_6e0278a37a.jpg

1054290362_e6c9a97ef7.jpg

Looks like it came out awesome and the little guy is happy! Great job!

Aaron

Well you say "You abuse your bike, your dad makes it into a nicer one... What do you learn?!.." I learned to BEAT IT More dad was always changing tires after i learned to skid, My first bike, A red schwinn predator with white tires and pedals ape hangers and a white banana seat, I was the wheelie skid king of my street.

(Yoda voice) "Unlearn what you have learned you must!"
But that's exactly what I was saying Rickster, I'm rewarding my boys for thrashing their bikes, not very clever from an educational point of view.
It's not that black and white though, they like their new(er) bikes so much that they're treating them very gently, haha!

Back