From lurker to member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals, time to slip from the shadows and become a member. I've had a variety of bikes through the years. Had an old Hercules with a flip flop hub, and an Apache from the early 50's. I've got a road bike and hybrid grocery getter and recently had some great garage sale luck which brought me here. I've currently got a 1969 Royce Union ladies 3 speed with the light and matching seat bag, wife cruises around the park on a single speed Schwinn Breeze with the front basket. I just picked up a pre war Colson and a 1969 Hawthore sting ray style girls bike for $7 that's is great shape.
My project bike is a moderate build on a no name 70's girls ten speed, (AMF) for my step daughter. She's got some pretty specific ideas for it. It's going to get a bit of a raked fork if I can find a conduit bender, a banana seat and sissy bar, ape hangers and gloss black and lime paint job.
The big idea is to build an insert between the two lower tubes and make some frilly hearts to fill in that area. I know, but it's a girls bike.

Unfortunately, it's more than I can accomplish by the build off deadline. Was considering a run at it and calling the bike "No time lime". We'll see how it all develops.

welcome aboard !!!

no shame in a girls bike build at all, in fact if you stick around long enough, its mandatory ( really, but not really really), best to get it out of the way up front :wink:

when did a girls bie build become manditory. can i get by with my pink stretch that sensor is going to make me build?

WELCOME! Can't wait to see "her" done!

Back