Gaskill's Hop Shop: "THE GET LUCKY"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm back again with another bike i've been working on. This bike was designed this summer, then when school began back in session i was able to build it. Are first assignment had to incorporate metal so here it goes. The Get Lucky is an homage to the glorious days of salt flat racing. The pictures show the progression. It will be done this weekend so i will have new pictures coming soon.

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

DSC04203.jpg

DSC04227.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04241.jpg

Re: "THE GET LUCKY"

Pretty wild and creative design. Have you been able to ride it yet? I forsee a problem steering the bike, because of the 90 degree head tube. Instead of the fork pivoting under the head tube, it is sweeping out front.

I am not trying to be a buzzkill, just something I forsee. more can be read at this linik
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_an ... mics#Trail

********ADDeD(((((((( Maybe it will work as the lowriders have the same dilema. I hope so cause it looks great. I realy like the rim ribs.

cman said:
Pretty wild and creative design. Have you been able to ride it yet? I forsee a problem steering the bike, because of the 90 degree head tube. Instead of the fork pivoting under the head tube, it is sweeping out front.

yeah the whole bike swings in the middle when you try to turn it. This bike is not a street bike, it was built for the salt flats. Theres no need in turning when you are going for a land speed record. aslo there is no need for pedals since you have to lay down to ride it anyway.

thanks for the info though. i'm going to read up on the dynamics for future bike projects.

So is it going to be motorized? Or is it just a nonfunctional nod to the salt flat racers? It's a cool looking design but that front end is going to want to flop over at high speed. A lot of land speed bikes and even cars have a lot a caster on the front ends for better steering characteristics. Not trying to pic your bike apart, it's something cool I have never seen before, I just seeing it being a pain to ride if rideable at all.

Great innovation. I love the ribs, may have to borrow that idea in the future. It's no fun to build something safe, you have to have the possiblity of being maimed!!!

p.s.
Your headlight made me laugh.

MaddMatt said:
Great innovation. I love the ribs, may have to borrow that idea in the future. It's no fun to build something safe, you have to have the possiblity of being maimed!!!

yeah thats where the title "THE GET LUCKY" comes from. You're lucky if you arent mangled in steel after riding this bike. Its dangereous, it doesnt function correctly but its got a great stance. I wanted to bring a rear end up front on a bike and use that as a fork. I havent seen it done yet so i gave it a shot.

necessaryevil said:
So is it going to be motorized? Or is it just a nonfunctional nod to the salt flat racers?

No it wont be motorized this is pure bicycle. oh and its functional, and definitely a nod to the salts.

Tonight i'm putting a body on the ribs, should have pictures up soon.

Your 40's Goodyear tires should be there soon!

Joe

thank to "GASKILL'S HOP SHOP" for the custom body panels.

DSC04261.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

and the newly painted shoes, although i dont think i'll go with the blue, i was going to do half blue and orange, but i think that might be too much
DSC04263.jpg

Very cool project here. I love the Salt Flats themed stuff since I'm from Utah and went to Speed Week last month. Can't wait to see more progress pics!

wow super cool
cant wait to see the end result...very creative..

Very cool looking!

But I think I'd get a charlie horse if I tried to ride it :mrgreen:

i'm in riding pain just looking at the pictures. but i'm really intrigued.

Back