Gee Bee Sportster....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, my first bike build. I guess I am late, but as long as I finish by the deadline huh? My inspration is from the old Gee Bee Model E sprotster. Here is what I have accomplished (the pic is on my toolbox for inspiration.....Picked up the donor from Gold street Customs yesterday....Thanks...
100_3931.jpg

100_3934.jpg

100_3935.jpg
.....As of last night (2 hours after pickup)
100_3946.jpg

100_3944.jpg

100_3942.jpg

Getting her ready for Krylon.....

Re: Bee Gee Sportster....

A little more progress and mockup....DO NOT use paint stripper, I have never been successful with it. anyway, ill keep sanding untill I cant sand anymore.
100_3950.jpg

wow, a flying bike, this i've got to see. also one of my fav planes. you better do this right or i will put a bad spell on it. be watching this one that's for sure.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Got tired of sanding, so I cleaned her up and put her in primer. Got a nice color sceme going on, basicaly to match the above picture of the Bee Gee...Will post pics later as I make a little more progress. I need to make an order for parts, gotta spend a little moola. New forks, seat, pedals, head unit, and a few more surprises, well thats all for now.

looking good!
one thing im confused about though.......the plane says gee bee in the picture you posted
thought i was gonna be seeing the gibbs somewhere in here :roll:

can't wait to see the prop ya goin use for the handlebars. so on the front are ya goin put on 2 small wheels to. wow, that would be awsome.

You bring back memories, of my Dad telling me stories of the GeeBee. They were built about five miles from where we lived. I'll be watching this build with a warm spot in my heart................THANKS

Outlaw, that would be awesome. I dont see those things in the forecast however.....

Ordered some parts from chainganglowrider.com.........Just waiting now.... :mrgreen:
Oh Gold, keep it up man.

darn, i am dissapointed. i know you will do right by this, i am watchin.lol

oh i think you will do right by this an it will be an awsome ride.

yep, i knew it. what a great paint job. man the stripes will be awsome. you got it dude. this could be my fav bike. more please.

Latest posts

Back