**Gender bend build** new pics DONE ? ALMOST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got this womens bike for free and my wife stated she would no longer ride a bike, so why not give it new life as a Track bike of the male species.
Cut the womens top bar off and fabed a new Male top bar along with a curved bar under it. Tried a strate bar did not like it that way.
Got those all welded up and made some truss rods just because I thought they would be cool. Shortened the front fender, and made a laid back seat tube. I now need to complete the rear fender which will be short also to keep my back dry even though it never rains here in Phoenix.
I don't have a paint scheme in mind yet plus I have a few more ideas to try on this now mens bike. I may run a front brake but it does distract from the truss rods. A light may also be in order, not sure about that.
Any way here are just 3 pics for now. Please offer feedback if you choose.

IM000337.jpg

IM000341.jpg

IM000342.jpg

Some more3 progress : Got the rear fender done and primed, moved the shifter to the top bar and put the head light on. I like it.
IM000345.jpg

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/SORCERERAB/New%20bike%20build/Track%20bike%20build/IM000346.jpg[/img

Well it is painted, just needs to cure out a bit then I can sand down the ridges on the darts and fenders,and strip in an contrasting color.
The pics don't realy show the color well. It is an Almond color that is really cool IMHO. The darts are black. The number plaque well need outlining also. Skull shift knob is in my own sculpture with tongue hanging out enjoying the ride. I may put the tank board on but it will need some lettering done first. May be " Sorcerer's Speed Shop" or Skulls Speed Shop " not sure.
Take a look :)
Arley aka Sorcerer
Thanks for looking,
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78/SORCERERAB/IM000357_zps685d4a52.jpg
IM000360_zpseb2f8ce5.jpg

IM000361_zps9320b1d7.jpg

Re: **Gender bend build** board track style

looking good... i think thats the name for this bike.. "the gender bender" i like it... im loving the seat post too... the truss rods may need some getting used to but all in all coming out nice!!

+1 on the truss rods, the are big but they make the bike burly looking where it could be kinda delicate otherwise.

More progress go to first post.
Thanks for looking. :)

Re: **Gender bend build** new pics 10/21

the trussrods are they square tubing or round i cant see them very well// they looked square at first butnow with the last image they look round... i like it with the light BTW.. cant wait till i can get a welder..

jaysmo said:
the trussrods are they square tubing or round i cant see them very well// they looked square at first butnow with the last image they look round... i like it with the light BTW.. cant wait till i can get a welder..

They are round tubing. I like the light on it too.
Thanks,
Arley

Took a short ride today. Coaster brake sucks. It won't stop the bike. I need to find out why and attempt a fix.

ok the first time i saw it i thought they were square .. but round .. is a good look...

good looking bike!
are there any updated pics?
i like how you made an otherwise caca girls bike really cool 8)

Bump it up for coments. Be nice
Arley

i love how it turned out!
now you have the wheels turnin in my head :D
i may have to re-visit the last junk bike stash i went to.
who knows if i passed on a candidate for this sort of builder-upper :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back