Genetic Misfit's Dream

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do not fit on these bikes I love. The Color Flows, Jet Flows, Spaceliners, Mercury's, Monarch's, Cleveland Welding, and even Schwinns. I do love to build them, however. I'm not a special builder by any stretch of the imagination. I love what I build though. It helps that I can build for Boy (my son). He has taken possession of JoeyMac's Spaceliner and Danimal's Color(Jet)Flow. I keep modifying my Airstream bike to try and make it ride-able for me. All through my ordeal there was my Uncle. Stretching bikes in a shed in Texas. I yearned. I wished. I drooled. I dream't.

I was just getting into old old bikes when he bought a Westfield-Columbia from me that I loved but could not ride comfortably.

He bought a tubing bender. We joked about him making a bike large enough for me. He promised to do so some day. We chatted. I posted on his wonderful builds. Praising and even making suggestions. I honestly didn't think much about the promise.

Then ... some day arrived.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=62616

On page 2 post 5 Unc says: "Its really long. If I build it, and its not going to be ridden by Sasquatch, then I will have to shorten it 4'' or so." Next post he got a reply from Sasquatch.

... so now it's in my basement. I want to ride it. Many thoughts running through my head. Fearing I can never make it as good as it needs to be. Well I've decided to just build it with what I have laying around. Although I am a "traditional" guy, I figured anything goes was proper for this build. This helps me because I will probably powder coat it. Other than that, I have this vision of throwing old stuff at this frame. I have a bee hive, a rat trap and a home made truss fork to try, the rest will sort out eventually.

I hope you don't mind my long story, I am a bit emotional about this because I am looking forward to this build ... and ride.

cheers.

frame now

I bought these wheels and tires from my cousin RatRod

And just some of the random parts I dug up in 10 minutes scavenging around my basement.

Cool story and wicked frame and parts.
I look forward to Sasquatch riding off into the sunset.

...oh, and that build better get a set of Thompson Bottle Grips suckah.

The shipping department tells me they are scheduled to be delivered to you at your bar of choice on Tuesday after work.

I wish I had an Uncle in Texas to send me a frame! :p

Seems like a cool build Skip, I'll be watching! :wink:

I think its the other way around. I couldn't use any of the frames I have built. Had to be a new one.
So I built another. I have several built already bikes I could have robbed the frame off of but NOOOOO! :cry:

Houndog said:
I thought you had be the builder of custom frame to enter it ....???

This is a hard one...
4. If you are building a custom frame, frame must be built by the forum member (this includes welding and fabrication).
NOTICE the (IF) :?:
Some members are using frames with just modifications,this is a already built frame,so he could go in either catergory :) (you can purchase frames similar to this online) :shock: :)
He's just lucky he has a Uncle in Texas :) (My Uncle is in Oz) :lol: and is a wizard with the wand.... :roll:
Besides it was built by a forum member :wink: just not the one who has entered :D
Rules are ment to be broken :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ooooops the rules just flew off the screen :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anything Goes :!:

Houndog said:
I thought you had be the builder of custom frame to enter it ....???

I actually went over this with Steve a few months ago. His descision back then: "Feel free to enter your Uncle Stretch into the Anything Goes category." and then when I confirmed a week ago: "Sounds good to me...let er rip tater chip."

Can't get much more ok than that. :lol:

I just happen to be building this frame up at the same time as this build off. I am not out to win or anything. I never enter RRB BO because I do not believe my bikes worthy of consideration. I just make stuff I like. Sometimes other's like them too, which is kinda cool. Heck all I do is slap parts on a frame.

If more of you think as Hounddog does, I'll be happy to bow out. But honestly, if you are worried where you place in the contest or someone breaking rules, then you are missing the point of the build off, we should be having fun building a bike.

Skip, it's actually a "stock" production frame....Albeit, a VERY limited production.

I don't see a problem.
Have fun!

No problems this end,the more the merrier ... :D
Keep it up Skip,she will look fab in the end...
Its all about fun,fun,fun....

I think it's a cool frame,and It is anything goes....
I was thinking of entering this buildoff with a custom frame built by another member
and when I saw that rule,I went another direction is all..

Wasn't trying to start trouble,just didn't want to see you build it
and then have to pull out..

Back