Go Moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this old Moto-Bike that I bought a while back, just though I'd post a pic so the kiddies could see a REALLY Old-school BMX bike. This is a "before" pic from craigslist advert.
motobike.jpg

Nice Yamaha Moto Bike! I have a Supercycle bike that is similar to the Yamaha's. Mine is in pretty rough shape, it's missing the fork lowers and the plastic fenders are broken. One day I hope to resurrect it and get it ridable. Then we should race! :D

GodHatesCleveland said:
That's already got a freakish mix of styles-the chopper fork, the off-road knobby tires, a banana seat, humpback frame and what almost looks like a built-in book rack below the seat, and a full suspension.....who's got the popcorn??? This is gonna be good!
That's what Yamaha thought the "ultimate" BMX bike should look like in the mid-70's. I was a kid back then, and LUSTED after one. Unfortunately, the thing cost almost as much as a "real" motorcycle back then. They were also prone to cracks in the frames when they were used for serious Evel Knievel imitations. Within a few years, this style of bike was dropped in favor of lightweight frames and alloy parts. Yamaha only built these from 74-76.

Just realized that I never posted any "after" pic's of the Yamaha Moto-bike since the clean-up. This is NOT the one that was on the classified secton for sale.
krates037.jpg

krates039.jpg

krates041.jpg

krates045.jpg

fast eddie said:
good work! looks brand new!
fast eddie outty
The paint's got a lot of little nicks and scratches that don't show in those pic's, but yeah, it does look pretty darn good for a 32-year-old bike. Here's a couple more:

krates082.jpg

krates077.jpg

krates075.jpg

krates061.jpg

krates058.jpg

Drool drool...slobber slobber...I want one of those sooo bad. Stone Age BMX at it's finest!

Kawasaki did make a full suspension bike as well, as did Suzuki. The Kawis came in both steel frame and aluminum frame versions.

Rat Rod said:

Thought I'd throw out a line and see if I get any nibbles. These things sometimes bring a ton-o-cash on Ebay. The one that showed up on our classifieds here @ $950 got me the starting point. Figuring how most of the time the craigslist offers are ridiculously low, I figured I'd start r1diculously high and come down from there. Gotta remember, these things sold for something like $400-$500 way back in 1976!

racer32 said:
Rat Rod said:

Thought I'd throw out a line and see if I get any nibbles. These things sometimes bring a ton-o-cash on Ebay. The one that showed up on our classifieds here @ $950 got me the starting point. Figuring how most of the time the craigslist offers are rediculously low, I figured I'd start rediculously high and come down from there. Gotta remember, these things sold for something like $400-$500 way back in 1976!

Well...you certainly have an AWESOME example of this bike...the thing is spotless...which I'm partial too. :lol:

It would be a very fun bike to own and display....your photography is very nice too.

High dollar stuff like that probably does best on Ebay...such an expanded audience.

those things were that expensive! back then you could buy a niced used dirt bike for that! my dad payed 150 for a GTO with a blown headgasket about the same time!

Back