Goodyear Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have or know of a Goodyear bike
i know someone that has one and he wants som information on it
he's not sure about it but from the description it is a girls bike with a tank 40's 50's or 60's bike
any info or pictures would be excellent!

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Sorry I dont have much info on a Goodyear bike, other than a friend scalped a girls Goodyear and sold me the headset and springer for a custom bike my dad and I are building. (I posted these exact pics on my very first post on this forum,I havent got much done to it other than buying a full crank assembly and handle bars... again lack of a camera has made it hard for updated pictures.)

I gaurentee the forks are goodyear, I hope it helps......plus I had to show off my frame again :roll:
bikes011.jpg

bikes009.jpg

bikes010.jpg

dude thanks for the help on the bike but DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

care to share about your PLYMOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want info on the Plymouth? Sorry Mopar I thought I told you about her.Well my dad was a mechanic for 18 years and has always been a mopar lover, There for we always had mopars around, my dad had two 1968 chargers, a 1970 charger 500 with a 440 and pistal grip transmission, a 1971 Charger, and a green barracuda, but when I got older I started looking for a car, I loved the Chargers we had through out the years , but I was always partial to the early mopars. My uncle loves Hudson Hornets and one day I was looking at the "wheels for you magazine" and saw a Hudson Hornet for sale and I called on it, for my uncle. The people werent home, but I got a call from them later. They said along with the Hudson they had in the barn, they had 1969 Valiant. I went and looked at it with my dad and I bought it a few months later for $700, I had to sell a Raleigh Chopper and a Firestone Super Cruiser to get it. But soon the Valiant started having engine problems. The valiant was a four door, and my dad didnt want to put a new engine in a four door so we put a for sale sign on it. (This all was 2 years ago), and that christmas my uncle came and told me about a parts car he wanted to buy.My uncle has 1965 Belvedere I, 2 door, He took me to the parts car because he knew once I saw it I would be hooked. He was right, there in this lot was a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II, It was a four door....but it didnt matter, because as soon as I saw her, there was no talking me out of her...I was hooked.Some Canadian dude came down and bought the Valiant........for $200! Nobody else wanted a four door valiant. and a month later I bought the belvedere for $500.

What you see in the pictures, is two years work, the pictures are a bit old. My goal was to take the four door and give it all the goodies that made the mopar Super Stockers of the 60's so cool. Its a V8 equiped car wich is unusual, becaus most were slant sixes,and this is a belvedere 2 when most two doors were belvedere 1's. One of my favorite parts about this car is that It was painted the wrong color in the factory... so when I had it repainted the engine compartment and jams, dont match the outside of the car.This car has a 318 poly which has more power than the later model 318, and is a peice of mopar history that alot of people dont remember. The Plymouths a work in progress, she runs and drives and is verry relyable, but I have to work work on her a little bit at a time due to my lack of money. I drove her last year through the whole year, back and fourth from school (in a town ten miles from where I live). THe funny thing about it, here , in nebraska we have blizards, and coming back from school in a blizard new cars were sliding off the road,and hiting fences, hehe....not the plymouth that old car got the last laugh, got back into town and there were about four inches on top of the hood and I couldnt see the scoop.

No this year I got another car, and am only gonna drive the old gal, in the summer. Shes got 94,000 on her......shes earned the right to be a summer ride.

I should be a writer.......because I think I just wrote a book :mrgreen:

variouspics002.jpg

belvedereanddogs001.jpg

belvedereanddogs003.jpg

man quite the stroy you got there
and yes you did tell me about it but i thought it was a differentr car
i dunno if you ever got my pm back but my dad has a 1968 cornett that he turned into a super bee
the car has a 69 hood thiugh and it still has the slant six
he has a 44 in the works with some 916 heads
he is looking to 4 speed the car but we have two 727's in the harage just in case
the car only has 29000 on it and get EXCELLENT gas millieage

you have an amazing car and i would kill for a belvedere or a 65 66 67 cornonett or an early cuda
hewck i'd be happy with a dart
i'm only 14 so i have some time

thanks for the story!

Back