Got Edsel ?!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a '59 Edsel Ranger this weekend and I'm going crazy!
Needed a 50 year old car to drive to shows this year and didn't have alot of $$$
to spend . Saw this 4 door no post V8 Edsel still sitting after 3 month I had to call
on it. Owner had to get rid of it so $1250 was the as-is price. Rebuilt 239,trans too
Solid body and floors,needs gas tank cleaned and installed and off I go.Pics in future.
SOOO now my '85 S10 Blazer Starcraft w/327 is For Sale !

Thanks guys, the Seafoam Green paint is good so no repaint in plans. All windows work and I dig the look.
I can shave the rear door handles and it'll look like a 2 door! Lookin for whitewalls (14" or upsize to 15?),
Blocks in back and spring exch in front to drop it ,rubber mats ,Mexican seat covers ,headliner,
Shine up the chrome ,all of which is there and away I go.

Sounds like you got a real bargain there... Are you sure of the engine size, or has someone dropped a flattie into it??? I'd have thought it might have been a 292 inch Y-Block or one of the larger Edsel engines. :roll:

Too bad Ford dropped the Mach V style push button tranny after '58. I thought the idea was pretty cool when they were launched way back in '57.

The '59 shares a lot of stuff with the Ford of the same year which makes repairs/replacements pretty easy.

Look forward to seeing the pics.

Ciao4Now, Mopedrodder (who just got his '64 Wildcat coupe home, having had 46 years of parking lot dings, etc. removed from her bod')

I was told this is a 292 y-block with smaller pistons, wha la a 239 ??!!
But those solid lifters produce a wonderful sound of real ....Hot Rod.

Isnt there also a 272 Y block?

My first car was a 56 Ford Victoria 4dr hardtop with all the trim except the Crown part. It was a 292 and I think it even had air. I shoulda kept it since it really wasnt in that bad of shape.

The car is still sitting at the garage but it shines in the rain.Gas tank almost done, got some tires mounted,
And scored a beautiful Mexican blanket at the grand opening of a SAVER'S store.( like Goodwill, but better).
Oh, and got the peep mirrors,too.And Ian,I think they put bikes in the trunks back in the 50's!

if there's room, then ya, put 'em in there. a vintage bike roof rack would look sweet on that thing. what were those racks we used in the 80s, they were painted white?... the design had been the same since the 60s...

Back