grape krate restore

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can still find his build thread over there...

Last post on it:
sorry guys i admit its false, but you all cant say you didnt have fun with it. anyway i finished putting it together if you want to see my wantabie grape??

He now admits he was lying apparently... :|

Luke.

He said he was in New York?

And that link works, but you may have to be signed in to see it? Regardless, in the link he doesn't mention that it's a hoax. In the ad he mentions that it's all original. :roll:

Noob here, found this thread while researching something else, but then got sucked in and lost an hour of my life. Anyway, I saw the "Grape Krate" in the eBay ad when I went to buy a restored Cotton Picker. The old guy works out of a glass shop in Anaheim and sells on eBay and Craig's List a lot. He does great restoration work, but it's expensive. He also does the Coal Krate and any other color, model, etc you want. Even if Schwinn never made it, he'll make it for you. Says he ships quite a few overseas. I'm sure he has no idea his pic was stolen for this comedy.

Well, now that I'm here and had a laugh, I guess I'll take a look around.

DUG said:
Noob here, found this thread while researching something else, but then got sucked in and lost an hour of my life. Anyway, I saw the "Grape Krate" in the eBay ad when I went to buy a restored Cotton Picker. The old guy works out of a glass shop in Anaheim and sells on eBay and Craig's List a lot. He does great restoration work, but it's expensive. He also does the Coal Krate and any other color, model, etc you want. Even if Schwinn never made it, he'll make it for you. Says he ships quite a few overseas. I'm sure he has no idea his pic was stolen for this comedy.

Well, now that I'm here and had a laugh, I guess I'll take a look around.

Welcome to the site. This was a great laugh that I almost forgot about. I read over it again and laughed till my sides hurt. He is not one of us so don't be afraid. We might be crazy but we're not THAT Krazy

That's funny, the krate frame looks nice in purple though, if I build a krate i'll make a "grape krate", but not advertise it as real.

Back