Greetings from Philly!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all-

I am a longtime Philly resident looking to find other like minded locals to ride with. I enjoy building, maintaining, and fixing bicycles. I also enjoy cruising but can't seem to find any cruising clubs in my area. There are plenty of aggressive 40mi rides to be had with only the occasional full moon ride. I am a supporter of fun rides and help to organize the Philadelphia Tweed Ride. But I am looking for more. I'd like to meet fellow rat rod enthusiasts to discuss techniques, hit up swaps and to learn from. My current rides are a 1997 Dyno Roadster with some modifications and a mostly rebuilt 2005 Bianchi setup in the 'path racer' style. If you're down to ride or tinker, get at me.

Welcome to the board, Jinks Hill. There's a few Phila ppl on RRB; I'm in Camden County, NJ, myself, and there's some other SJ folks on RRB as well... Check out the "Events" forum for upcoming rides in the general vicinity....

Welcome Jinks Hill . From your intro / info I can answer your question about custom & cruiser bike activity in Philly. The Jersey Devils BC has members and rides throughout the Philly, Cherry Hill NJ , and Jersey Shore. Next Philly ride Mon Nov 10,meet at the Liberty Bell @ 12 noon. Ride to the US Marine Corps birthday Party ( USMC founded in Philly) .And other points of interest along the way. More info about the club here on RRB in " Bike Clubs "

I'm right outside of Philly, right off of 95. I'm in Bristol! Which is right next to Levittown lol What section are you from road warrior? I have friends all over Levittown

oh okay i know where you are! not far from st. Mikes

I had been out of the hobby for a couple of years. My job moved me from Texas to Pennsylvania. At the same time I was going through a divorce. The current bike I have in the Muscle Bike Build Off is the only bike I currently have so I have not ridden anywhere except around the hood up here.

I am originally from west philly, born and raised, used to spend most of my time at the playground, shootin baskets etc, then a couple of locals, a bad sort started a fight, I lived with my mom and she got scared there would be trouble so she moved me to my aunt and uncle's in bel air Hollywood!

@JINKS HILL The town I live in has a very nice riverfront and a path for joggers or bikes to ride around. The path goes around the whole town. I've never made it to philly to ride but I should be there next year at Drexel! So I'll find some spots that are safe to ride lol.

@roadwarrior That's funny....you came from Texas to PA and I plan to go from PA to Texas! My goal is in around 10 years save up enough to move to a nice plot of land in Waco. Family is in too! It's gonna be like the Kennedy Compound:rofl:. Where in Texas did you live?

@JINKS HILL The town I live in has a very nice riverfront and a path for joggers or bikes to ride around. The path goes around the whole town. I've never made it to philly to ride but I should be there next year at Drexel! So I'll find some spots that are safe to ride lol.

@roadwarrior That's funny....you came from Texas to PA and I plan to go from PA to Texas! My goal is in around 10 years save up enough to move to a nice plot of land in Waco. Family is in too! It's gonna be like the Kennedy Compound:rofl:. Where in Texas did you live?
About 30 miles North East of Houston little town named Porter. I have also lived in El Paso, Killeen and Sweeny.

Man you've been everywhere!

The Jersey Devils Bicycle Club Always has rides in the Philly area. Look us up on Facebook, and welcome!

Back