Greetings from Roanoke, VA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the board, so I wanted to say hi...

No custom bikes for me yet, but I just got bitten by the bug so I'm in the planning stages right now. I am a long time bike rider though. Was a mountain biker for many years, but in the last four or five years have gone to all road riding. Just bought my wife this Electra:

3271_1148856485870_1361324410_30384009_1731796_n.jpg

After getting it and looking through the catalog, I of course was drawn to the cruisers. I've always been a DIY guy, so instead of buying something, I've been going to the local bike shops, flea markets, and scrap yards looking for what I need. Hoping to start my first build in a couple weeks.

I did, however, buy myself a Townie to ride with my wife.

Right now this is my ride:

IMG_0655-2.jpg

welcome my va brother. i started on mtn bikes then saw and this site and got bit by the bug too. good luck w/ your build.

Welcome to another Va biker!!! Glad to have ya :D

I'm only about 2.5-3 hours SW of ya. :)

welcome!! and i seen in the other post something about glassblowing. i would like to see that custom work!! got any pics? hobby or work?

Upper Class White Trash said:
welcome!! and i seen in the other post something about glassblowing. i would like to see that custom work!! got any pics? hobby or work?

Some of both, actually. Started off as a hobby, but these days I travel all around the US doing shows and teaching classes. Just wrote a book on it in January, and working on another book right now and have a video in the works.

http://www.cosmoglassworks.com

Needs to be updated, but there's a decent amount there...

Back