GT Performer yay or nay?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Stopped into an antique type shop today that had some bikes sitting out front. One of them was a GT Performer, which looks to be a 1999 after some research, although I did not look at the serial number.

Price was $45, wheels were replaced with the same wheels I got on a Walmart bike, brakes and I believe levers were gone, seat was off a kids bike (flowers on it). The frame, fork, handlebars with GT piston stem and chainring appeared to be original. Stickers were intact enough to see what they were, but mostly trashed. The chrome looked decent.

I left it, but I'm wondering if I should go back? Definitely a GT frame (stamped GT on the end of the top tube). I don't think the forks were pacman forks, I think I would have taken notice of that.

No pics, sorry. Think its worth it for a de-stickered chrome frame, fork and bars? Fairly certain it is not a pro-performer, although I think the frame was the same on both and the pro just had nicer parts on it.

meh. GT BMX bikes really started to decline around that time, really heavy, and not alot of collectable value on them at all. I'm a GT guy, and bar the rare slammer, world tour, or higher end model I wouldn't bother.

Latest posts

Back