Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jackson Randy Rhoads

(& some skateboards I stenciled...)

Jackson RR.jpg

Our HIGHWOOD Band wrapped up our Summer Tour last week. My brother Dave joined us for 4 of our 10 gigs this year. He is a multi-instrumentalist, and plays lead guitar when he joins our trio.

Here is " Heavy Fuel" ~ Dire Straits. The Moose hall has crappy acoustics,but you'll get the gist..

FB_IMG_1691809932123.jpg

Our HIGHWOOD Band wrapped up our Summer Tour last week. My brother Dave joined us for 4 of our 10 gigs this year. He is a multi-instrumentalist, and plays lead guitar when he joins our trio.

Here is " Heavy Fuel" ~ Dire Straits. The Moose hall has crappy acoustics,but you'll get the gist..

View attachment 247396

Brother Dave can lay down some tasty licks!... :cool:

Some have said we have a "sickness,". I'll let these pictures speak for our defense.😄😄😄
A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_91QU4j0lFaL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UX679_.jpeg

A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_A1o0omBpWjL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UX466_.jpeg

Whoever designed the pictures didn't put enough banjos on there in my case. 😆

I’m still figuring out ukuleles….

Still not a guitar, Dulcimer is more my style...

I saw this thin 3mm birch laminate Day of the Dead mask at a Dollar Store-and it told me that it always wanted a career in Music, so...:p I really, really should never have gone to see Disney's Coco...:oops:

Neck is three small square pine dowels laminated for strength, with a thinned Oak half-round for looks and reinforcement-head is Poplar, with part of the neck as a carved volute. The soundboard is reinforced with two thin basewood struts, A-style bracing like a Mandolin and a 1mm birch bridge plate. A tiny bit of scrap bone bridge fragment makes the nut, and both the floating bridge and the friction tuners are from a wrecked kid's guitar I found at a yard sale for $1. The body is made up of glued cedar strips from a few broken cigar boxes and the back is cut and layered door skin. Coating is Magic Marker on the front, amber shellac everywhere else and two light coats of clear acrylic, strings are 60lb, 40lb and 20lb fishing line set to B-C-b, slightly lower than standard tuning, and is surprisingly mellow for a laminate build...

I decided on no pickups for this one for my neighbors' sakes. :doh:

Death Head1.jpg
Death Head2.jpg

Back