Hack-N-Flip

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took an old Magna frame
120_2088-1.jpg

cut it in half
120_2089-1.jpg

and the frame bars, both different sizes, fit inside each other to give the fork housing a greater slant.
120_2090-1.jpg

I did this because I was experimenting on an old frame to see if you did cut the frame bars that you could actually flip the front half, insert pipe to the frame, and connect the 2 pieces together for a chopper-style frame for a longer fork. But the bars, being different sizes, ended up fitting perfectly inside each other! So I just drilled a hole in both bars and put a screw in to connect the 2 together. I'll have more pics with the fork later.

cool. Im building a burrito bike and am also using the "sleeve" technique!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I took the fork from the same Magna bike, put it in the vise,
120_2086-1.jpg

cut the lower section of the fork, (Lotsa fun trying to shoot a pic while hacking the fork!)
120_2091-1.jpg

then I inserted (hammered) the pipe extentions into the lower section, then the upper section, drilled holes in both pipes, added screws to keep them together and got the fork done.
120_2100-1.jpg

A mock up pic of the bike will come later.

Latest posts

Back