Had to save it

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have a soft spot for bikes that are abused and feel a need to rescue them. This 1950's Sears 24 in her was in a back yard in my area looking bad. I paid him $20 got it back to the shop. Cleaned, greased, relaced the rear wheel and put on new tires. I know a Sears 24 does not have much value but it makes me happy to get it on the road again.

I feel saving a bike is an awesome thing even if its a Sears or Schwinn or a WalMart. Everyone should own one or two being a stock rider, old restored, mild custom or full on custom..
That bike you save looks awesome by the way.. Defenitely a nice cruiser.!!!

Looks nice to me - I'd save that in a heartbeat. I have the girls version I've ben puttering with when bored.
Would make a nice muscle bike, too.

Did you see the refurb Smoopy's did on a similar Higgins bike ? Sharp rides :)

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...f-rick-dale-53-j-c-higgins.79641/#post-769550

001_zps84a6cd8e.jpg

Very cool. Also thanks for the tip on making it into a Muscle bike, I never thought of that. I am not sure what to do with it but I can picture it with a banana seat, apes and a springer 20 on front.

I can't resist restoring non valuable bikes too. It's a character flaw of mine. I love losing money.

I would have saved it too. 24 inchers arent all that popular. Ive put mid weight tires on 26 inch rims on them before and have plans to do a 24-26 on a 24 inch rollfast I have. 24 on the rear and a 26 inch fork and rim on the front.

Would make a nice muscle bike, too.

thanks for the tip on making it into a Muscle bike, I never thought of that. I am not sure what to do with it but I can picture it with a banana seat, apes and a springer 20 on front.

I can picture it too! A great adults musclebike!

Luke.

Back