Harlequin T - FINI (or not)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah next time...
it was a quick thing in his phone so even tho it's posted on my page I can't get it out to repost it...
So what does it do when you click on the link?

Carl.
Carl.JPG

To drill out the hardened gear, I suggest using a carbon tipped masonry bit. I used a Bosch masonry bit purchased at Home Depot in a drill press on the slowest gearing (350-450 rpm I believe, used oil for lubrication), and it cut clean into the hardened gear on my SA gear.

Man, I have to tell you I am loving the engineering and design work you are putting into this build. Just caught up on it and loving every bit of it!

Man, I have to tell you I am loving the engineering and design work you are putting into this build. Just caught up on it and loving every bit of it!
Thanks brother, you know I'm really just a hammer jack. If I think it can be done and then I find a way to do it and if it fails I try a different way. I make things that are interesting to me, but they have to have a look too. I like to think I'm a mixed media artist, but I made the mistake of never chasing that career. So I build crazy bikes and this one is far from done. But it's a roller! WooHoo!

[emoji450]

Last edited:
Looks like it rides solid and smooth! That tire setup, big in back, fits the build so well.

Looks like it handles pretty easy. How tight are the turns with the gear setup?

And love the tunes in the background!

Looks like it rides solid and smooth! That tire setup, big in back, fits the build so well.

Looks like it handles pretty easy. How tight are the turns with the gear setup?

And love the tunes in the background!
Handles real nice and it'll turn around easily in a two lane. I can hug the curb around a corner. Now I wish I had the bigger tire in front too because I like that look a lot. I haven't given up on the bigger front tire yet, but it has to steer as well as this one does. I like the tunes too! Just happened to be what my youngest was listening to when he saw me, none of the video was even planned!
On his was home, he saw me riding and caught up to me! That's why I laughed when I saw him. :21:

[emoji450]L Carl.

I'm goin' down the road now without winding myself.
KIMG0533.JPG

Starts easy enough, within a couple of rotations you're rolling along. I'm liking it.
KIMG0532.JPG

Plus a big o' dab of chrome don't hurt nothin'.
KIMG0536.JPG

Time to drill a couple of new holes, and lose that little red c-clamp holding the rear bracket for the chain guard.

70+ degrees today on the 18th of February!
Yeah there ain't no global warming...:headbang:

Carl.

My bad. I thought he was referencing the Oingo Boingo. That post was from January 27...
But I still don't get any of the musical references you guys been throwin' at me. I'm just a Zeppelin Floyd Sabbath Neil Young turned Christian Rocker kinda guy. I think that cat was Duane Allman. So yeah, it's be cool if he was still here, but I miss the connection to my bike, and why it comes up again a month later...

Carl.

Last edited:
Back